I/O Errors Galore

TRIVIUM26

So i've been trying to burn a game ISO with verbatim DVD+R disks, and have gone through about 20 (roughly) trying to it to burn but this stupid I/O error message keeps popping up and it's getting really frustrating. I'm pretty sure my drive has the latest firmware (can't find much about it on google). The weird thing is, a couple times prior to this i'd go through like half a stack of dvd's and the odd one would burn. Does that mean these dvds went bad or something?

I 13:00:40 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 13:00:40 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6002 : Service Pack 2)[attachment=5927:fail.jpg]

I 13:00:40 Total Physical Memory: 1,047,116 KB - Available: 409,480 KB

I 13:00:40 Initialising SPTI...

I 13:00:40 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 13:00:40 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

post-8364-1241471267_thumb.jpg

Probably wise to get a new writer or you are going to have to buy OLD media that was designed to work on your writer, as all the latest media is going to be hit n miss (8x) would be best on the latest disc's to try

(so try to burn 1 @8x and see what happens) then look to buy a new (modern) writer.

Search google to find one that will meet your needs and stay away from HP/Iomega/memorex/mad dog/ type drives and pick a pioneer or optiarc or samsung

Probably wise to get a new writer or you are going to have to buy OLD media that was designed to work on your writer, as all the latest media is going to be hit n miss (8x) would be best on the latest disc's to try

(so try to burn 1 @8x and see what happens) then look to buy a new (modern) writer.

Search google to find one that will meet your needs and stay away from HP/Iomega/memorex/mad dog/ type drives and pick a pioneer or optiarc or samsung

It's weird cause I have CD-r's and it burns them fine, but when it comes to dvd's it's a whole different story.

Help please. Same error message as shown above in this thread. IMGBURN worked just fine until suddenly this error message pops up at every burn attempt. No change in burner (1 mo old w/ latest firmware), no change in media (same spindle Sony DVD+R that has burned 100% ok with IMGBURN ongoing with this and previous burner), burner burns fine no errors with other burning software just not with IMGBURN!!! Suggestions?

Please disregard my immediatley previous post. For some reason I did not think to do the obvious earlier, but I just now uninstalled and reinstalled the burner and the problem has resolved! Maybe it's worth a try if you are also having this issue?

Please disregard my immediatley previous post. For some reason I did not think to do the obvious earlier, but I just now uninstalled and reinstalled the burner and the problem has resolved! Maybe it's worth a try if you are also having this issue?

From device manager? I tried that and no luck.

Alright, which is the better of these two drives? :

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.a...amp;catid=20236

or

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...7476&catid=

I haven't been following computer hardware for sometime now, so I don't know if a SATA dvd drive would be the better way to go versus a IDE one.

Edited by TRIVIUM26

You're better off taking a look at the drive forums at cdfreaks for that kind of advice.

That said, I'm sure they're much the same. Personally I'd just go for the latest and greatest model - check the LG website and then cdfreaks to make sure they're not all saying that model is rubbish.

I haven't had any problems with DVD drives in the past, but since I have now I'm gonna go balls out and buy the latest and greatest. When it comes to I/O errors is it always usually the hardware or media that causes them and not the operating system? Just wanted to clarify.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.