DVD drives do not work after running Imgburn

teddub

I ran imgburn and now my drives don't work. When I put a purchased disc in the drive it takes for every, well at least a lot longer, for it to load up. I am using Nero to view and it says it does not recognize the disc. I have tried reading the disc with DVDnext and it does not work now either.

Please help ... what did I do?

Everything was working before. I have 2 new LG drives and both have the same problem.

Thanks Ted

can you post a log and the filter driver load order please

See below, I hope you can help me.

===============================================

Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.4.4.0

===============================================

Upper Device Filter: redbook

Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM

Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device

Lower Class Filter: PxHelp20

Lower Device Filter: imapi

Filter Name: redbook

File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys

File Version: 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108)

File Description: Redbook Audio Filter Driver

Product Name: Microsoft

I ran imgburn and now my drives don't work. When I put a purchased disc in the drive it takes for every, well at least a lot longer, for it to load up. I am using Nero to view and it says it does not recognize the disc. I have tried reading the disc with DVDnext and it does not work now either.

Please help ... what did I do?

Everything was working before. I have 2 new LG drives and both have the same problem.

Thanks Ted

yea i had the same issue, try to burn to dvd but id doesnt recognize as dvd? ill post my log when i get home...

What are we betting here...another 'too many secrets' problem?

ston3d drunk, stick to your own thread(s) please. You don't belong in here unless you're actually helping - and you're not.

wow sry man just trying to be active in the boards and i have this same prob. maybe me posting my logs will help you guys help us. thats all wont happen again

Also please post a log from ImgBurn (look in the Help menu).

I have attached the file, let me know if you would rather that I copy and paste.

As a note I have uninstalled and reinstalled imgburn since that was casuing my problem with my drives;therefore the log is a little thin. After installing and prior to installing imgburn I triedd to play a purchase DVD and get this message from Nero '... does not contain a valid DVD-Video, SVCD, or a VCD structure'. DVDnext also did not recognize the drive as having a valid DVD.

Am I screwed? Do I need to re-install windows?

Thanks for any and all efforts, also thanks for keeping others out of the problem solving exercise.

Ted

ImgBurn.log

Open ImgBurn, switch to Write mode and insert a disc. Does the message in the status bar change to something like "Device Not Ready (Logical Unit is in process of becoming ready)"? What does it say after that? You might also want to try different type of discs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.