pumplewis

I am getting an io error. It says

Scsi status 0x0.02

Interpritation check condition

cdb 2a 00 00 00 02 40 00 00 20 00

Interpritation: write (10) Sectors 576-607

Interpritation: Power Calibration Area is full

I am using Memorex DVD-R.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I 12:33:44 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 12:33:44 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 12:33:44 Total Physical Memory: 1,824,840 KB - Available: 1,282,236 KB

I 12:33:44 Initialising SPTI...

I 12:33:44 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 12:33:44 Found 1 DVD

Update ImgBurn to the latest version. Try flashing the latest firmware on your burner (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot after it's finished). If this doesn't solve your problem, try with Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blanks (the 8x ones preferably). If that still doesn't work, buy a new burner.

What's the Disc ID of the media he gave you? It's shown in the log like this:

I 12:36:21 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: RITEKF1) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x)

This RITEKF1 dye is crap :&

Thanks for the link. I updated the firmware and my burner appeared to start burning however it did so vey slow. It took about 6 hours lol... I had the speed set at 8x. I think this burner is out of date and ready for the garbage lol. I will stop tortureing myself and buy a new one. Thats got to be the problem............Thanks.

I went to my system manager and found it was already set to dma (automatic) in the ide controllers branch. I also set my 'Transfer Length' option to 'Manual' instead of 'Automatic' and put it on '32 KB' instead of '64 KB'. It still does the same thing when I try and burn. It is very SLOW...... It takes about 6 hours and when its done the same error comes up as I mentioned at the start of this post. The disc obviously wont work either. I aso have found that since I updated my firmware that when I try and burn my computer becomes increadably slow. Almost to the point where I cant use it. I think it is the burner but if you have another idea for me to try I am all for it! anything to save a buck lol. Thanks. :)

I went to my system manager and found it was already set to dma (automatic) in the ide controllers branch. I also set my 'Transfer Length' option to 'Manual' instead of 'Automatic' and put it on '32 KB' instead of '64 KB'. It still does the same thing when I try and burn. It is very SLOW...... It takes about 6 hours and when its done the same error comes up as I mentioned at the start of this post. The disc obviously wont work either. I aso have found that since I updated my firmware that when I try and burn my computer becomes increadably slow. Almost to the point where I cant use it. I think it is the burner but if you have another idea for me to try I am all for it! anything to save a buck lol. Thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.