No devices detected, please help?

helipilot22

I have been happily backing up my 360 games with imgburn, with no problems for about 6 months , that is until the other day.

Its as if my drive has vanished, this is what i see when I start up imgburn:

I 18:05:09 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 18:05:09 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 18:05:09 Total Physical Memory: 391,344 KB - Available: 57,416 KB

W 18:05:09 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 18:05:09 Initialising SPTI...

I 18:05:09 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

W 18:05:09 No devices detected!

this fault is can however be rectified if I switch off my laptop and then back on, i did that this morning and backed up a game sucessfully. Then I kept checking if all was well with my drive by opening up imgburn every hour to see long it takes to go faulty again. About 4 hours it was still detected and then bang dissapeared again.

I can open the disk tray normally and have tried playing a dvd but nothing happens. When I go to "my computer" in the start menu my dvd drive is missing. please help i don't know how to rectify the situation.

my laptop is a compaq presario v5000 about 3 years old.

Please post your Filter Driver Load Order (look in ImgBurn's Tools menu).

upper device filter red book

upper class filter [none found]

devicecd/dvd-rom device

lower class filter pxhelp20

lower device filter imapi

I tried to copy to clipboard but don't then know where to find the clipboard:( so i wrote it out mannualy. thanks anything else you need just ask :)

You could right-click on the forum's text box and choose Paste, or hit CTRL+V on the keyboard.

Anyway, your filter driver load order seems normal. You could try removing pxhelp20 to see if it helps with your problem, but it does seem to be a hardware problem (maybe a lose conector or the drive gives up due to heat).

You could right-click on the forum's text box and choose Paste, or hit CTRL+V on the keyboard.

Anyway, your filter driver load order seems normal. You could try removing pxhelp20 to see if it helps with your problem, but it does seem to be a hardware problem (maybe a lose conector or the drive gives up due to heat).

thanks i'll try what you have said.

It might also be an idea to poke around in your BIOS and reset everything to factory defaults. A mate of mine has a PC that had a brain fart a few days ago and wouldn't see any of the IDE drives for some reason. A quick BIOS reset fixed the problem.

EDIT: Be careful doing this if you have spanned or RAID drives installed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.