Do I need to join my .vob files before creating .ifo and .bup files and burning??

tschultzpiano

Hey everyone,

I've been trying to burn this DVD for a few days..and each day I get more and more errors and keep fixing the errors.

Here's the lastest =P

I have 5 big .vob files, and no .ifo and .bup files. I downloaded IFOEDIT to create these files. The question is - do I have to join the .vob files and then make the other files using IFO edit? Or can I make separate ones for each .vob file, put everything in one VIDEO_TS folder, and burn it using Imgburn? And everything will work playing in my DVD player?

Thanks for the help...hopefully I can get this darn DVD to work soon! =)

How did you end up with 5 VOBs and no IFO/BUP files?

VOBs are supposed to be less than 1GB in size (each). Do not join them.

Anyway, ImgBurn expects a proper set of DVD Video files. How you get to that stage is nothing to do with ImgBurn and therefore doesn't really belong on this forum. Might I suggest you try Doom9 or Videohelp instead.

How did you end up with 5 VOBs and no IFO/BUP files?

VOBs are supposed to be less than 1GB in size (each). Do not join them.

Anyway, ImgBurn expects a proper set of DVD Video files. How you get to that stage is nothing to do with ImgBurn and therefore doesn't really belong on this forum. Might I suggest you try Doom9 or Videohelp instead.

Apologies. I posted here to see if I created different .ifo and .bup files for each of the separate .vob files (under 1 gig), if ImgBurn would still burn all of the files in the folder to play correctly in my DVD player. Can you help me, or should I still bring this question to a different forum?

If you create a proper set of IFOs to go with them, of course it will burn them correctly. It's your fault if the project doesn't play.

Re-rip is the easiest way out of this mess.

ANyway, this forum is about supporting people using ImgBurn to burn DVDs. It is not a general DVD authoring forum.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.