imgburn failed to find dvd burner

wilson98us

Ok so I've checked the search function and can't find anything about my problem. I had a problem with nero 6 and it crashed my computer, after I fixed it, it kept crashing it. So I tried version 7,8,9 but neither one would recognize my burners. So I read that imgburn is easier to use so I got it and when it opened up and ran it scan it couldn't find any of my burners either. It keeps giving me a createfile failed. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers for the burners and the actual burner. But nothing has worked yet, my burners will read a dvd and cd accordingly but just won't show up as a writer. I have attached a copy of the log file from when I opened imgburn. Any help you guy's could give would really really help.

I 23:24:38 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 23:24:38 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 23:24:38 Total Physical Memory: 261,124 KB - Available: 60,664 KB

I 23:24:38 Initialising SPTI...

I 23:24:38 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

E 23:24:40 CreateFile Failed! - Device: '\\.\CdRom0' (E:)

E 23:24:40 Reason: The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded.

E 23:24:43 CreateFile Failed! - Device: '\\.\CdRom1' (F:)

E 23:24:43 Reason: The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded.

E 23:24:46 CreateFile Failed! - Device: '\\.\CdRom2' (D:)

E 23:24:46 Reason: The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded.

E 23:24:48 CreateFile Failed! - Device: '\\.\CdRom3' (G:)

E 23:24:48 Reason: The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded.

W 23:24:49 Errors were encountered when trying to access 4 drives.

W 23:24:49 These drives will not be visible in the program.

W 23:24:49 No devices detected!

Like I said I tried several searches but never got anything back. Thanks for the help though guy's, I ran every virus and malware software I had and nothing. I read the article you attached and downloaded the avg rootkit remover and ended up having 4 on my computer hijacking the drivers. All is good and everything works great now, once again thanks for the help guy's.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.