One Click Build & Burn

Race Guy

You know how it takes a while to "build" a 25GB BD-R ISO?

I know, it's not THAT long, but it would be nice to add a box to the Build>Options tab that sez "Burn ISO After Build".

You'd need to have a pointer to the correct burner & that burner would have to be manually preset to the users preferences. As far as verify & delete when done, maybe you could have those as options in Build also in that "group"??

There you go!

HUH!

Who knew THAT was there!

Let's say I built this "test" Blu Ray image & I want to burn it to an "RE" first to make sure it functions, 'cause I don't want to "blow" a 5 buck BD-R.

I still want to have the ISO ready, 'cause if this baby plays the way I think it should, I'm burnin' it for "keeps"!

At first glance, "output to device" doesn't look like it keeps the ISO............, but I've been wrong before too!.

It doesn't, it burns directly to the disc without making one.

Sorry but you'll have to cope with switching modes and clicking the 'Write' button.

At least you can tell Build mode to add the image to the Queue when it's finished building it... that saves you a few seconds :P

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

this is a function I desperately miss, too.

My filez are stored on a NAS and it really takes some time to transfer them to an image file (especially for BD's).

It would really be of great help for me to create an ISO and instantly burn it after creation.

Is it such a big deal to implement that function?

(I really have no idea cuz I can't create just a single line of code... ;-))

Cheers,

Jens.

Edited by Jensemann

Hi Lightning UK,

as I wrote I do have a NETWORK storage with maaaaaaaany small filez on it.

When trying to write a BD with max speed the network performance is too low to hold the buffer filled so a temporary local "cache" is mandatory for that operation.

It's like that feature in Nero: when Nero detects small files on a non-local drive it first caches them and then burns it to disc.

Of cource I could first build an ISO and then choose to write the ISO to disc. BUT: building an ISO takes some time an it would be ideal to just start the operation and after coming back, holding a burnt disc in the hands! :-)

Is it possible for you to implement a "build & burn" - function?

Cheers,

Jens.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see a gain here. If an ISO has to be built from scratch from a NAS or whatever storage it is, you still have to suck the required data down the pipeline at its regulated speed, regardless of what its origin is to be able to burn it to your chosen media. Given this irrefutable fact, why bother having the software buffer your ISO to a temp file and then burn it? It's quicker just to output your files to your burner - even if it complains about buffering problems. That's what BURNPROOF is for.

I don't see a gain here. If an ISO has to be built from scratch from a NAS or whatever storage it is, you still have to suck the required data down the pipeline at its regulated speed, regardless of what its origin is to be able to burn it to your chosen media. Given this irrefutable fact, why bother having the software buffer your ISO to a temp file and then burn it? It's quicker just to output your files to your burner - even if it complains about buffering problems. That's what BURNPROOF is for.

Hi,

I'd rather rely on a good piece of software than on the burnproof-functionality of a burning device.

For my understanding discs burnt that way (refocussiong the laser several times) are not of that quality the one's being burnt "at once" are.

I don't understand all that big deal - discussions around this feature (which is implemented in almost all other soft) but if it's really of that much effort I can understand why it's not being coded.

Maybe I'm too naively so that one of "the knowing" should explain it to me...

Cheers,

Jens.

Maybe I'm too naively so that one of "the knowing" should explain it to me...

The author of this program, LIGHTNING UK, has answered this and many other questions/suggestions/complaints many times as he did in this post. It is, after all, his program and he will integrate what he wants if and when he wants/needs it. No amount of keeping the discussion is going to sway him one way or the other. Period.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.