ADIP question

HypnoToad

Hi,

I've been programming my own DVD info tool (just for kicks) and I wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of some information about the structure of information in ADIP?

Cheers

David

That's much simpler than I thought it would be! :D

...Wish I'd asked a few hours ago when I was sifting through Google's helpful results for "a dip" and the like :blink:.

Muchas gracias amigo :),

David

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I've come across a old CD-RW/DVD drive which returns garbage ATIP data for CD-ROMs, rather than an error, which throws a proverbial spanner into the works. Then I noticed that in the same machine Imgburn in discovery mode ignores this dummy ATIP information.

So my question is, how does ImgBurn achieve this? Is there some MMC query function that I'm missing or do you use the drive profile for example?

Cheers,

David

I just don't think ImgBurn really uses that info, it only 'shows' it to the user.

Probably not, as I hear ATIP is pretty unreliable for recording speed/power/media information. However, ImgBurn, the clever application it is, still appears to know whether or not to show it to the user!

Which means there is either some check for the presence of ATIP information, or some way to determine the validity of the returned ATIP information. Pointers on either would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

David

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.