Having trouble with the disc not being able to finalise

Figure8

Hello everybody,

I seem to have myself in a bit of a situation, predominately frustrating. I use Verbatim 2.4x Dual Layer discs (from Signapore - at least, the 8x version, but they first two did burn flawlessly as I state) after all the wonderful reviews I heard from people on these forums. Sadly, while having worked flawlessly the first two occassions, they have now seemed to stop wanting to be verified. Maybe it's my burner, maybe it's the discs, I'm not sure, but I do have the log if it helps anyone in some way -

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 - Log

; Friday, 05 June 2009, 12:43:16

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 11:50:46 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 11:50:46 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 11:50:46 Total Physical Memory: 1,039,532 KB - Available: 542,616 KB

I 11:50:46 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:50:46 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:50:46 Found 1 DVD

Edited by Figure8

Honestly? We're not fans of Matshita drives here. I have one in my laptop and I would describe it as a polished turd - which is just my opinion of it. Sometimes it works great. Most other times it plays up something shocking - which is why I don't use it for burning. I can't give you an un-biased reason for your problem so I'll just blame the drive. They are truly awful. My opinion (yet again) grab a Pioneer drive in an external case. Not only will it work properly (depending on the chipset used with the external case), Pioneer drives do auto-booktyping which means no screwing around with burn settings or your media. I'm not sure if this helps or not but that's what I'd do.

Thanks, I appreciate the reply and honesty.

I was aware of it aswell, however. Seems like they are pretty terrible drives! I was just wondering if there was any other underlying cause. But regardless, you're right, I do have to get an external drive to sort out the majority of my problems with it and I want to thank you for the suggestion. It definitely sounds good. I think I'll pick it up after summer when I have a little bit of extra money.

Thanks again.

I am having kind of the same error, I am using the correct disc's verbatim 2.4x made in singapore... here is a copy of my log file... I have had no problems until recently... these are a new pack of discs, but I also use this burner a lot so I'm not sure what it could be

Here is the log

I 22:27:41 ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 started!

I 22:27:41 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 22:27:41 Total Physical Memory: 3,143,120 KB - Available: 2,311,932 KB

I 22:27:41 Initialising SPTI...

I 22:27:41 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 22:27:41 Found 1 DVD

I 22:27:41 ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 started!

I 22:27:48 Destination Device: [2:0:0] PBDS DVD+-RW DH-16W1S 2D14 (F:) (ATA)

I 22:27:48 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: MKM-001-00) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x)

I 22:27:48 Write Speed: 2.4x

Update ImgBurn.

Try a lens cleaning disc on your drive. Also try burning at 4x. You may want to try this firmware update (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot the computer when it's finished), but I'm not sure if it'll allow to update your drive.

If all that doesn't solve your problem then you should be looking for a new burner, they're pretty cheap these days :)

And next time please don't hijack other people's thread, start your own :thumbup:

Thank you! I appreciate the help... I honestly didn't mean to hijack the user's thread, from many past experiences with forums, I found mods often got mad when a new thread was started for the seemingly same reason as many others, I actually thought I was doing the right thing.. Well now I know... Thanks again for the advise... I will reply back with any updates.

Cheers!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.