burned DVD doesnt work on certain player

joethfc

i created a DVD at 8x on a TDK DVD+R and it didnt work - i tried twice because the first was NTSC and i realised i should change it to PAL

the player is a Bush and its played +Rs before which were fujifilm ones - it does recognise that a DVD has been inserted but then it just makes a constant pained whizzing noise; it did work on the other DVD player so i know it has burned

is this to do with the brand or something in Imgburn?

well that can only mean one

your player does not like the brand of +R discs you used ( possibly a differant dye on them than the ones before)

as you know, the discs worked on another player, so it burned fine,

thanks

might as well get the same brand as before and make sure they work

not all players play all brands of the same format disc mainly due to the dye thats used on the discs.

Once you find a brand/type that works for you on all you burners/drives/players stick to it , even if cheaper options become available..

With blank media you get what you pay for. the cheapest discs are the ones to avoid, unless your really lucky and your burner/PC/players will play them. Normally the advice would be to go for a decent brand, middle of the range disc with a well known reliable dye on them.

not all players play all brands of the same format disc mainly due to the dye thats used on the discs.

Once you find a brand/type that works for you on all you burners/drives/players stick to it , even if cheaper options become available..

With blank media you get what you pay for. the cheapest discs are the ones to avoid, unless your really lucky and your burner/PC/players will play them. Normally the advice would be to go for a decent brand, middle of the range disc with a well known reliable dye on them.

does each brand use the same dye on each type of disc then or does it vary

It varies from spindle to spindle.

The only ones that remain (fairly) static are those branded by Taiyo Yuden (which then always use the TY dye) and Verbatim (which always use the MKM / MCC / TY dye).

The others chop and change between all the cheapo dyes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.