Problem with XBOX360 Burn - Any help appreciated.

joea13

Hi! First I would like to appologize because I am very new to this entire process, but I'm trying to learn, which is why I've come here! I'm having a problem burning an XBOX360 game to a disc. I have a dual-layer disc and have a .dvd file and .iso file for the game. I've looked at many tutorials for how to burn it: settings/write/layerbreak - set to correct code, open .dvd file, click "write." Sounds simple enough but after following these instructions I still can't burn the disc.

My problem appears to be this: At the bottom of the imgburn window, there is a message that says "Device Not Ready (Medium Not Found)." I am sure that if I can figure out what 'medium not found' means and how to fix the problem, I should, theoretically, be able to burn the disc. I assume that medium refers either to the .dvd/.iso files or to the disc I'm trying to burn to, but I don't really know for sure.

Can anyone help me? I would greatly appreciate any and all advice on the matter, though again, since I'm new, It'd be best if it were put in simple terms that I might understand.

Thanks a lot for checking my post.

Sincerely,

JOE.

With a disc in the writer switch to write mode browse for your .dvd or with a blank disc in writer from right click .dvd file and choose burn with ImgBurn.

Post log, or copy the info from right hand side pane with blank disc in writer in write mode and past/post in here

@ dontasciime -- Hey, thanks a lot for replying to my post, I really do appreciate it.

Well, I had already done those things before (selecting the .dvd file and all that) and I tried doing it again and it ended up the same. The issue is that once I select the .dvd file and choose "burn with imgburn" it opens up the file in imgburn, but then the "write" button is still "grayed out," or unavailable. So it appears that I load the .dvd file in but then I can't select the "write" option and at the bottom of the screen it says "Device Not Ready (Medium Not Present)." The panel on the right-hand side says: PLDS DVD+-RW DH - 16A6S YD11 (SCSI) ; CURRENT PROFILE:N/A. I will copy and paste the "log" bellow:

I 12:31:49 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 12:31:49 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 12:31:49 Total Physical Memory: 3,143,064 KB - Available: 2,422,128 KB

I 12:31:49 Initialising SPTI...

I 12:31:49 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 12:31:49 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW and 1 DVD

Your drive does not like or recognize the media you're trying to burn to. I believe you're using Ritek, which was exceptional media about 5 years ago and now is crap. Get some Verbatim Data Life Plus (made in Singapore) or Taiyo Yuden discs and try again. :thumbup:

Your drive does not like or recognize the media you're trying to burn to. I believe you're using Ritek, which was exceptional media about 5 years ago and now is crap. Get some Verbatim Data Life Plus (made in Singapore) or Taiyo Yuden discs and try again. :thumbup:

I'm actually using TDK discs but maybe it amounts to the same thing. Thanks for the help.

If you start without a disc in the tray and keep an eye on that status bar message, it should change when you eject the tray and insert a disc (to 'logical unit in process of becoming ready' - or something like that).

Even if it then just reverts to the 'medium not present' one (showing it doesn't like the media), at least you'll know the software is communicating with the drive ok!

I assume you've checked for firmware updates? It looks like a Dell drive and I couldn't see any on their website. You might be better off just ditching it and buying a decent drive with proper firmware updates/support.

Hi, I tried to burn this xbox 360 game but got it stopped at about 70% or so and said there was an I/O problem. Can anyone help? Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix the problem? Below I will copy and paste the 1) right-hand window display and 2) log window:

PLDS DVD+-RW DH-16A6S YD11 (SCSI)

Current Profile: DVD+R DL

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Sessions: 1

Free Sectors: 1,199,904

Free Space: 2,457,403,392 bytes

Free Time: 266:40:54 (MM:SS:FF)

Supported Write Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x

DVD

Thank you for all your help but I actually got it to start burning. However it could not complete for reasons I don't understand. I posted a new topic to see if anyone could help me with it and included the log and right-hand window displays from the attempt. If you think you can help, please check it out!

Thanks again,

Sincerely,

JOE.

No, don't start a new thread! (I've merged them).

This is your thread, you can fill it up with as many questions / related problems as you like.

2x isn't a supported write speed with your drive/firmware/media combo, as such the drive will burn at 4x anyway.

Try burning at the remaining supported write speeds (6x and 8x). If they fail in a similar way, this applies: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=8000

I'm actually using TDK discs but maybe it amounts to the same thing

Yes it does :yes: Your TDK are simply rebadged Ritek's as you can see in this line from your log:

Disc ID: RITEK-S04-66

Or this one:

I 14:29:38 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RITEK-S04-66) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x)

As the :worthy: Boss :worthy: stated above...

Try burning at the remaining supported write speeds (6x and 8x). If they fail in a similar way, this applies: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=8000

I just go right for the media change myself, owing to the fact that your Riteks may fail you at any time in the future where the Verbs and TY's have a very strong track record. :thumbup:

Hmmm, thanks so much for the help, everyone. I will definitely get Verbatims since everyone tells me I should. However, will I be able to use the Verbatims to burn at 2x? I was told that to burn an XBOX360 game I should not burn at higher than 2.4x. Does anyone have any knowledge of this? Again, any ideas appreciated.

Thanks again,

JOE.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.