Drive not Reading what it burns

Darthpc

Hello Everyone

I am having problems with a dvd writer it will burn dvd data files but then it can't read what it has burned but i can put it in another drive and it reads it can anyone give me an idea what is going on?

Hello Everyone

I am having problems with a dvd writer it will burn dvd data files but then it can't read what it has burned but i can put it in another drive and it reads it can anyone give me an idea what is going on?

FFS...Did you even bother to read the Forum Tips bit above that explains what to do/include when you post a topic? <_<

ALL the log says is that it can't read the disk. but anyway if you have to be this way about a simple question keep your info and erase my account i dont have time for a bunch of know it all geek Jerks

BYE

You can ask 1.000 persons about solutions based on your posted (non) information and you will get 1.000 possible solutions to your problem.

Here is the first one - your burner is broken and you need to buy a new one.

Yeah That was better than the above replies i got and i did give information the dvd burner burns the dvd but they can't be read by the burner that burned them. i did not save the log and i am not going to waste another dvd to get it. yes i know the reader could have a problem but i was just wondering if there was anything else that might cause this issue. if it is beyond anyone to actually be helpful like i said delete my membership and I won't bother you again. oh by the way this program is great i have no problem with IMG burn and i have recommended it and will again

Thanks

Hello Darthpc,

in a way i understand you,

cuz your new,

and in another way,

i understand them too...

Listen,

They constantly keep dealing with people "Not Reading" the Forum Tips in the BIG PINK RECTANGLE....

So i know it gets really irritating for them

after answering the same thing over and over again, every day after every day,,,,

you get the point....

And is the BIG PINK RECTANGLE really that small?

But to answer your problem,

we need a Log File of the burning process because

that file will pretty much tell us all we need to know

in order to ping point your problem...

Now that u dont have it,

its hard to say....

My first steps would be to make sure my DVD drive has the latest Firmware

and that i use only the best quality media such as VERBATIM and Taiyo-Yuden...

But like i said,

No Log = No Accurate Solutions

or

No Log = chair.gif

-peace-

Edited by eSkRo

Because some people may be new to ImgBurn, the author allowed for this , and set ImgBurn to save the log files for you :thumbup: .

Within ImgBurn ,Go to HELP button, then ImgBurn Logs on the sub menu and find the relevant log file, then copy and paste all the info into here.. if you can't be bothered , thats OK, you'll just have to waste loads of discs figuring it out yourself. That said , theres a few things that you could have done to eliminate the problem you've been having , but im not saying until i see a log file :whistling:

The whole purpose of the log file is to save information for analysis at a later date to find out what went wrong with a failed burn.

As everyone on here gives their help and time freely to those who are having problems, dont you think having the courtesy to post that log file may help them to in turn help you , especially as theres several posts about including log files and a pink banner that asks you to as well.

If you want help, respond with something positive for us to work on

resolve.cmc

ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 - Log

; Wednesday, 31 December 2003, 23:40:43

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 23:24:57 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 23:24:57 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 23:24:57 Total Physical Memory: 785,904 KB - Available: 284,172 KB

I 23:24:58 Initialising SPTI...

I 23:24:58 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 23:24:58 Found 2 DVD

if you go back and read the last line of my last post , it says resolve.cmc. That was my guess as to what the problem was before you posted a log file.

Look at your log file, and you will see the discs your using are CMC MAG-M01-00 . the cmc part is the dye/ink thats on those discs, and it is well known to be of low quality. Its a common thing for discs with tis dye to be non readable by the drive that just wrote them . Its down to the inconsistency of the dye.

Im not psychic by the way when i posted resolve cmc in my last post , its just a common problem that cmc discs give.

Where your log file says "W 23:37:57 Device Not Ready - Unable to Recover TOC" , TOC refers to Table Of Contents or Index for want of a better way to describe it.

A drive reads the Index before it does anything else, and if it cant read the index, it doesnt know what it should be looking for on the disc.

Differant drives read discs better than others, so if you cna read it on another drive, i would make a back up of it ASAP.

As said, not all drives can read all discs ( yes, i know, youd think they would) so if you change to a better quality disc like genuine Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim, the failed to verify problem will dissapear

my first steps would be to make sure my DVD drive has the latest Firmware

and that i use only the best quality media such as VERBATIM and Taiyo-Yuden...

Theres a firmware update for your drive

here --> http://sdd.toshiba.com/main.aspx?Path=Serv...372FirmwarePage

This Firmware will boost the DVD-R write speed to 16X,

DVD+RW write speed to 8X

and DVD-RW write speed to 6X.

Firmware also expands media compatibility!!!

Edited by eSkRo

its ok i'm not losing anything these were just test dvds i have the info on them stored somewhere else

I am sorry about the banter back and forth. I am a hardware technician and unlike the lazy person mentioned in a previous reply i try to work things out for myself before giving in and searching boards. i did not know all your log was telling me but i did understand that it would not read the disc. This was an issue i had not seen before and was kind of perturbed with it. This drive actually goes in a machine i built for a family member to run his photography business with so iwas kinda frantic to repair the problem and get it back to him. In short i apologize for the attitude toward your team and i appreciate the help and i will tell my brother inlaw to buy higher grade dvds.

Thanks Jeffrey S Harbuck

Thanks for th firmware link the one i had must have been bad. this one works and it actually reads all the discs now. but iam still going to change the grade of discs we are using i know about the Verbatims but where do you find the other brand that you mentioned I'm not familiar with that one

I'm suddenly having the same problem with disks burned using ImgBurn 2.4.3.

My logs are listed below. The first is a CD-RW and the second is a DVD-R. Both discs recorded and were verified by ImgBurn but on the drive they were burned nor on another drive does anything show in Windows Explorer. (I know the DVD is a CMC but this batch has been reliable for about 30 discs out of a 50 stack. I won't be buying them again though.)

CD-RW Log:

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.3.0 - Log

; Sunday, 14 June 2009, 17:07:27

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 16:40:42 ImgBurn Version 2.4.3.0 started!

I 16:40:42 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 16:40:42 Total Physical Memory: 2,030,116 KB - Available: 1,216,756 KB

I 16:40:42 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:40:42 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:40:42 Found 1 DVD

I 16:40:42 ImgBurn Version 2.4.3.0 started!

First of all, please update ImgBurn.

The discs burned and verified fine, which means they're good burns. The problem is that you're using a filesystem that only Windows Vista and newer OSs can read. Use UDF 1.02 and it should work fine :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.