one click Disc Copy option?

Guest seseberg

Guest seseberg

Some times you just want to make a quick copy of a disc, or, for example, 2, or 3, and you dont want to waste time manually doing an image copy and then reburning it and all of that. Could we have a copy disk feature just like nero has? it would be so much easier for a lot of user, and, it would make ImgBurn more user friendly, cause, lots of people dont even know what compact disk images are. Trust me, LOTS of people dont know that.

I would even donate to see that option implemented. Please, someone!

Like, who ever uses Verify disk and Discovery options?

Just because you don't use verify and discovery it doesn't mean they're not useful.

As for on-the-fly disc copying, LUK has already stated he has no interest in that. Even if a disc copy function is implemented in ImgBurn, it'll just be a shortcut to Read+Write operations.

I for example do. I always leave the verify option checked with but a few exceptions - whenever I'm burning an image that I've already burned a few times on my RW or when I'm REALLY in a hurry and every second counts. In all other situations I let ImgBurn verify the burned disc. In fact I consider a verification option a must for every self-respecting burning program.

• 4 weeks later...
As for on-the-fly disc copying, LUK has already stated he has no interest in that. Even if a disc copy function is implemented in ImgBurn, it'll just be a shortcut to Read+Write operations.

Even R+W would be nice - saves times, so one can run disc copy with one click and go to sleep. Of couse the best solution would be to do transperant copy with minimum buffering so copy can be done even if there is no space for full image (talking about 25GB BD)

I respect LUK's decisions and thankful to him for providing us this exceptional tool for free. At the same time I'd like to use this opportunity to ask (or beg) him to reconsider. Disc Copy is very useful feature

Some times you just want to make a quick copy of a disc, or, for example, 2, or 3, and you dont want to waste time manually doing an image copy and then reburning it and all of that. Could we have a copy disk feature just like nero has? it would be so much easier for a lot of user, and, it would make ImgBurn more user friendly, cause, lots of people dont even know what compact disk images are. Trust me, LOTS of people dont know that.

I would even donate to see that option implemented. Please, someone!

You're barking up the wrong tree here. Why not help us out and tell us what you're trying to copy? If it's encrypted or copy protected, you're wasting your time.

• 3 weeks later...

I, for one, would appreciate the one-click disc copy option, even if it was simply a remapped read + write operation. This weekend, I was visiting my parents and they wanted to give me a copy of a disc of pictures they had taken that weekend. I had imgburn on the computer, and was a bit surprised that there was no "copy" feature. Now, I had no issue reading and then writing the data cd image, but if I was to suggest my parents use imgburn for all of their cd copying / burning needs, I doubt they would have figured that out. Adding it as a "quick option" when imgburn starts up would be even better, for the novice user (like my parents) who just want the thing to "work." :)

I would like to see a one-click copy button as well, but in the meantime, I created a batch file and just put a shortcut on my desktop.

Just change the drive letter if necessary. My burner is E:

Here's my batch file:

@echo off

"C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\ImgBurn" /mode isoread /src e: /dest "%temp%\disccopy.iso" /overwrite yes /eject yes /close /start /waitformedia
"C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\ImgBurn" /mode isowrite /dest e: /src "%temp%\disccopy.iso" /eject yes /closesuccess /start /waitformedia /deleteimage yes

I agree, a 1-click disc copy option (particularly on the fly) would be of great benefit.

So much so, that I will immediately donate $20 if this is implemented, as IMGBurn has almost become my only burning software!

• 4 weeks later...
I too agree, Money Talks, on the fly disc copy would be worth a donation.

+3

So...you're not willing to make a contribution for this great piece of software without the author doing something that he's already said he has no interest in doing?:doh:

I would like to see a one-click copy button as well, but in the meantime, I created a batch file and just put a shortcut on my desktop.

Just change the drive letter if necessary. My burner is E:

Here's my batch file:

@echo off

"C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\ImgBurn" /mode isoread /src e: /dest "%temp%\disccopy.iso" /overwrite yes /eject yes /close /start /waitformedia
"C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\ImgBurn" /mode isowrite /dest e: /src "%temp%\disccopy.iso" /eject yes /closesuccess /start /waitformedia /deleteimage yes

Thnx dude for the batch file. Much obliged. And Thank you LUK for this awesome piece of software *puts Nero to rest*

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.