PLEASE! Grateful for any help!!

Exumab

I am getting the following error message when I attempt to burn a avi video file.

"Device not ready logical unit not ready Cause not reportable"

The following is my Imgburn Log:

I 12:22:27 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 12:22:27 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 12:22:27 Total Physical Memory: 523,764 KB - Available: 204,164 KB

I 12:22:27 Initialising SPTI...

I 12:22:27 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 12:22:27 Found 1 DVD

Please post your Filter Driver Load Order (look in ImgBurn's Tools menu). Has that kind of blank disc worked before? Can you try with Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media?

Yes this kind of disk has worked before! Verbatim/ Taiyo Yuden media: Not available to me at the moment.

Thank you for your kind assistance! Here is the Load Order. I have no log to offer as I have since reloaded the program and it now has no order.

Filter Driver Load Order

Upper Device Filter: Redbook

Upper Class Filter: None Found

Device: CD?DVD -Rom Device

Lower Class Filter: None Found

Lower Device Filter: IMAPI

Filter Name: Redbook

File Name: C\Windows\System32\Drivers\Redbook.sys

File Version:5,1.2600.5512 (XMSP.080413.2108)

File Description:Redbook Audio

Filter Driver

Product Name: Microsoft Windows Operating System

Product Version: 5.1.2600.5512

Company Name: Microsoft Corporation

I am grateful to those who are trying to help me. That said, I am wondering why the creators or those responsible for this websight / Imageburn have offered no solution here. It appears that having established the website they have left the public to figure out the solution to things which they should be quick to provide answers for.

Is that too much to expect?

I am grateful to those who are trying to help me. That said, I am wondering why the creators or those responsible for this websight / Imageburn have offered no solution here. It appears that having established the website they have left the public to figure out the solution to things which they should be quick to provide answers for.

Try a new burn and post your burn log.

Edited by Dialysis1

Are you kidding me?!

I'm the author (and person in charge of everything) and I asked you some questions (which you haven't answered) directly above your last post.

With 14000+ posts, I'm not leaving anyone to figure out their own solutions.

I would .LMAO

There is nothing wrong with my cd/dvd drive
There maybe is. Why ask for help. Why ? If you know the answers do you want or need help ? Stop being so rude. Anyone who answered did so to try and help you please respond to them in a pleasant and thankful manner. It is not the program causing you this (well at 99.9999999% certainty it's not) No one forced you to use this Free software.

And btw it's ImgBurn not Imageburn which is why it's not http://forum.imageburn.com/index.php?showt...st=0#entry97747

I am wondering why the creators or those responsible for this websight / Imageburn have offered no solution here. It appears that having established the website they have left the public to figure out the solution to things which they should be quick to provide answers for.

=))=))=)) Now that is some of the funniest shit I've read here in many months...twit... =))=))=))

I would .LMAO

There is nothing wrong with my cd/dvd drive
There maybe is. Why ask for help. Why ? If you know the answers do you want or need help ? Stop being so rude. Anyone who answered did so to try and help you please respond to them in a pleasant and thankful manner. It is not the program causing you this (well at 99.9999999% certainty it's not) No one forced you to use this Free software.

And btw it's ImgBurn not Imageburn which is why it's not http://forum.imageburn.com/index.php?showt...st=0#entry97747

GOOD! So now that you have released this anger lets consider the following.

"There is nothing wrong with my cd/dvd drive" was a statement of fact. Not a hostile comment nor an indication or suggestion that I know all the answers. Clearly I would not be attempting to seek help if I did.

I think my postings have been quite courteous and received as such by others repeated thank you included.

The problem being discussed is not a problem I alone have encountered. Indeed the way that I found my way to this website was while reading through the previous users who sought help for this very problem listed on google under the error message..Therefore as these preceded mine it seemed logical to me that in solving their pro by someone.

As reassuring as it is to know that you have determined that the problem is not with the program (Based upon what one can only wonder) I take it that your position is that if one downloads a free program one should not expect to get support if it doesn't work unless one has been forced to download it. I will leave that one alone.

Don't be so quick to accuse others of rudeness! Anyone trying to solve a problem involving the complexities of computers can get frustrated and despair. Particularly when working through a known problem that has existed for some time with no readily available solution.

and still you fail to answer my questions.

Problem solving is a 2 way thing.

I ask for info / tell you to try something... you do it and report back the results. That's how these things work.

I cannot give you a one line answer because such a thing simply doesn't exist for your problem.

ImgBurn is sending the 'TEST UNIT READY' command to your drive and the drive is returning 'No, I'm not ready' as its answer and the reason for it not being ready translates to exactly what you're seeing within the brackets in the status bar.

i.e. "Device not ready logical unit not ready Cause not reportable"

I can only ever go by what your drive/system is reporting... that's why it's nothing to do with ImgBurn.

Is that the only blank disk you have?

Can the drive still recognise other discs you've burnt / new pressed original ones?

MY ERROR! I missed that one. Pardon me.

I have Memorex CD-R, DVD-R and DVD-Rewriteable discs.

Yes the drive can recognize other discs I've burnt / new pressed original ones.

and still you fail to answer my questions.

Problem solving is a 2 way thing.

I ask for info / tell you to try something... you do it and report back the results. That's how these things work.

I cannot give you a one line answer because such a thing simply doesn't exist for your problem.

ImgBurn is sending the 'TEST UNIT READY' command to your drive and the drive is returning 'No, I'm not ready' as its answer and the reason for it not being ready translates to exactly what you're seeing within the brackets in the status bar.

i.e. "Device not ready logical unit not ready Cause not reportable"

I can only every go by what your drive/system is reporting... that's why it's nothing to do with ImgBurn.

Understood!

I am at a loss as to why this is occurring. Might you be able to suggest what could be causing that ie: Firewall, Virus Protection, Firefox or the like. Are there programs known to conflict with Imageburn?

Thank You.

Just to make sure we're on the same page....

When I asked if it recognised other discs, I was talking about them showing up properly in ImgBurn.

i.e. you load a blank and you get that 'Device not ready logical unit not ready Cause not reportable' message in the status bar.

You then load an original / already burnt one and you get something like 'Ready' or 'Disc Not Empty' in the status bar.

If that's what's happening, are you getting the exact same message when you load any of your three types of blank discs (CD-R, DVD-R and DVD-RW) into the drive?

Can you please try booting the PC up in safe mode to see if the discs initialise properly that way or if you get the 'Device not ready logical unit not ready Cause not reportable' message again.

It would also be useful if you could try the drive in another PC to see if it behaves in the same way.

Do you have *any* other burning software installed or anything that's even remotely related to cd / dvd drives?

The only apps I know of that could stop a working drive with a properly initialised disc from being made visible to ImgBurn are things that take over the burning themselves - i.e. packet writing software such as InCD and whatever the Roxio equivalent is these days.

Just to make sure we're on the same page....

When I asked if it recognised other discs, I was talking about them showing up properly in ImgBurn.

i.e. you load a blank and you get that 'Device not ready logical unit not ready Cause not reportable' message in the status bar.

You then load an original / already burnt one and you get something like 'Ready' or 'Disc Not Empty' in the status bar.

If that's what's happening, are you getting the exact same message when you load any of your three types of blank discs (CD-R, DVD-R and DVD-RW) into the drive?

Can you please try booting the PC up in safe mode to see if the discs initialise properly that way or if you get the 'Device not ready logical unit not ready Cause not reportable' message again.

It would also be useful if you could try the drive in another PC to see if it behaves in the same way.

Do you have *any* other burning software installed or anything that's even remotely related to cd / dvd drives?

The only apps I know of that could stop a working drive with a properly initialised disc from being made visible to ImgBurn are things that take over the burning themselves - i.e. packet writing software such as InCD and whatever the Roxio equivalent is these days.

Thanks! I am going to try the above recommendations. The CD It will take a little time but I will report back asap and answer your questions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.