[Solved] Windows 2008 W 09:03:59 This drive will not be visible in the program.

predatorftp

Hi,

I am trying to use ImgBurn on windows 2008 server std. sp2 and the program tells me "09:03:59 This drive will not be visible in the program."

how can fix this ?

Daniel

Sorry just fixed the problem by running it as administrator !

Edited by predatorftp

• 12 years later...

Hi LIGHTNING. Do you mean that it shouldn't prompt if you have UAC disabled? If UAC is enabled then the order is to prompt. Let me know because all of a sudden I'm getting this with a CD/DVD Rom drive that was just fine before. Thanks.

ImgBurn doesn’t instruct the OS to ask you to run it elevated.

Apps configured like that have the little yellow shield in the icon.

If UAC is disabled, obviously it won’t prompt - because everything then runs as admin. When enabled, it’ll prompt if the app asks to be elevated - which again, ImgBurn doesn’t.

Oh, I get it now. I was misunderstanding what enabling or disabling the UAC actually does. I thought having it on "never prompt" just meant less security, and not that it now sees you as Admin. This made sound simple to many, especially way advanced users as yourself, though leave it to Microsoft to not be more specific with this. They automatically want you to feel less safe by immediately saying "not recommended at all".

Thank you for clarifying this for me.

Turned out the drive was just a lil unhinged when I layed it flat from the vertical position. Now all is well. 

Happy New Year to you and all the guys! 

Ever since the introduction of UAC up until some point this year, I always disabled UAC.  I have good security practices, don't visit sketch sites, don't download software cracks, etc.  But, I enabled it earlier this year because I got to thinking.  I also never used to use seat belts until about 10 years ago.  I hadn't been in an accident, but that's not a reason why you SHOULDN'T wear seat belts.  You SHOULD wear them because you COULD get into an accident.

Great analogy and reply. That UAC together with Windows Defender can sometimes be annoying with clearly non-sketchy stuff. Though it's very good, and a lot better than most, or at least having to find something that would in all honesty be that much better, or as smooth, non-invasive. I'm a proponent of built in apps made especially for the platform they're on.

Happy New Year Guys 🥳

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.