L-EC Uncorrectable Error during VERIFY: 2 Coasters

jazzytaxi

I'm using Verbatims (DVD+R DL 2.4x - MKM-001-00 dye - Made in Singapore) for dual layer burning and have had no problem in the past. My two last burns on my desktop have competed the WRITE phase successfully; yet, they fail on VERIFY. I get the following error message: W 23:32:03 Failed to Read Sector 858720 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error. The first coaster does not play at all on any of my players and the second plays erratically. I've successfully burned the same DVD's using my laptop. My system is running on 64 bit Vista and I've recently installed the most recent versions of imgburn, mediamonkey, and peerguardian. Also, windows update has failed to install the following updates on my computer: KB969897 and KB951847 (I figure anything can help). Here are the two logs:

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 - Log

; Monday, 22 June 2009, 22:59:06

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 21:20:32 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 21:20:32 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium x64 Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 21:20:32 Total Physical Memory: 4,191,880 KB - Available: 2,870,528 KB

I 21:20:32 Initialising SPTI...

I 21:20:32 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 21:20:32 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW and 1 DVD

Edited by jazzytaxi

• 1 month later...

I think I'm seeing the same problem.

I've burnt 8 coasters in a row with the same symptom: writes without error, but fails during verification. I'm using the Verbatim 8x DVD+R DL (MKM-003-00) media and in my case the problem has persisted despite trying 4 different LiteOn burners (one of which was the same as above) in two different computers, all with the latest firmware. I tried burning at 4x as well, but this made no difference either.

I've never had a problem with Verbatim media, but I'm starting to suspect it now.

I'll try burning a disc in either my Pioneer or Samsung burner next.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.