No sound

maison

I just burned a DVD using ImgBurn, in lightening time!! it was well fast. However when i played the DVD back there was no sound. I had this before with DVDD and cant remember how i fixed the problem. Thanks in advance!

It?s not an ImgBurn problem. More likely a problem or deficiency with your player not being capable of playing a specific audio format (such as DTS sound which many players don?t support). Assuming you haven?t removed the original 2ch/5ch soundtrack from your disk, hit the audio button on your DVD player. You may have set DTS as the default.

I didnt actually try the DVD in my DVD player under my TV i just played it back on my pc. I have just popped it in my DVD player however and everything is good!! Funny how the sound wont play on my pc though. I had the volume up full and not muted. Hmmmm :/ But anyway it plays back on my DVD player so i`m happy with that. And i cant believe how fast ImgBurn was!!! In total starting with Shrink and burning with ImgBurn it took only 25 mins!! Top programme, will reccommend this to all i know! Thanks

Who knows what caused it then. What I?d suggest is downloading a set of tools called the ?K-Lite Codec Pack?. It?s a collection of free codecs, players and other bits and pieces that?ll play almost any format. Once you?ve installed it, try playing the DVD on your PC using the included ?Media Player Classic?. You can download K-Lite from the link below:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

Who knows what caused it then. What I?d suggest is downloading a set of tools called the ?K-Lite Codec Pack?. It?s a collection of free codecs, players and other bits and pieces that?ll play almost any format. Once you?ve installed it, try playing the DVD on your PC using the included ?Media Player Classic?. You can download K-Lite from the link below:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

Looks good, Shamus, but just curious-- I normally use Power DVD and I have Musicmatch Plus for my audio. I almost installed K-Lite just a moment ago, but the "BE CAREFUL" warning in the install made me wonder. Is this meant to replace the other players, or will the codecs simply enhance them.

I recently started having prob's viewing video files (except for Quicktime) and thought maybe my codecs were missing something.

No problem between powerdvd and K-Lite Mega Codecs pack, and media player classis ( i just love it, excellent player)

have both installed. Everythink, a OK. :thumbup:

Thanks, dirio49, I'll give it a try.

And thanks again to Shamus for another good find :worthy:

Looks good, Shamus, but just curious-- I normally use Power DVD and I have Musicmatch Plus for my audio. I almost installed K-Lite just a moment ago, but the "BE CAREFUL" warning in the install made me wonder. Is this meant to replace the other players, or will the codecs simply enhance them.

I recently started having prob's viewing video files (except for Quicktime) and thought maybe my codecs were missing something.

It just adds more capability to your machine. Media Player Classic, for example, might look a bit cheap and nasty but it?s a brilliant player that?s faster than just about anything else available. It?s also small, uncomplicated and takes advantage of the dozens and dozens of codecs in the K-Lite pack. One of the most handy tools installed is a program called GSpot. If you ever get a video file that won?t play, load it into GSpot and it?ll tell you what codec you need to play it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.