Change Volume Label

scalpal

Hello,

First of all, thank you very much for ImgBurn! :)

I just want to suggest a small modifications in the Change Volume Label tool, because I didn't find any other topics regarding this suggestion or issue.

Ususally I am (maybe other hungarians as well) using accents in the labels of my DVD disks.

Here is an example:

UDF label is:

Edited by scalpal

1. I will see what I can do. At the moment it just drops any character that's not A-Z or 0-9. I guess I could convert the string to the ansi code page first and then drop the letters.

2. I think I have done this now.

3. Not really sure what you mean, can you explain in a bit more detail?

3. Not really sure what you mean, can you explain in a bit more detail?

Hello,

Thanks for your quick answer! I very appreciate your work! Good job man! :D

So, in the change volume label tool, there is an option:

Enable Unicode support for UDF Volume Label

I want to influence the value of it (set, unset) from the settings, I don't want to set the value every time.

Maybe an idea: could you save it, and then use the last saved value? This case, you don't need to enhance the settings UI.

Best regards,

scalpal

Going back to number 1...

Converting the unicode to ansi before limiting to A-Z wasn't enough. Ansi still allows for some characters with accents etc so they were still in the converted string.

I don't know of a function to turn '

It doesn't work like that, it's set based on what the file system is currently configured for.... so I'm sorry but that's not something I can/will/want to change.

Hello Lightning UK!,

Don't worry about that, the point 3 was just a small wish, because I really don't know, that it has any advantage for me!

In the program there are several places where you can use the labeling functionality, will them use the same renewed function?

You are right 2 out of 3 is very good!

I am waiting for the update! :D

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

scalpal

• 4 weeks later...
make sure the filesystem support lower case letters.

i think only udf does.

later

the ntfs file system does and iso 9660 too (when you allow special characters), i'm really sure

any one else pass the same think?

I realy don't know how this codepage thing is functioning...

My localization is as follows:

Standards and Formats: Romanian

Default input language: English (United States) - US with additional Romanian - Romanian (Language Bar enabled in Task Bar to switch between them)

Language for non-Unicode programs: Romanian

I'm using this Keyboard http://www.a4tech.com/ennew/product.asp?ci...=101&id=279

In any text editor when swithing to Romanian the Keys arround the "Enter" becomes the romanian letters "ă

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.