Audio CD

riahc3

Because you're not looking in the right place for it?

Read the Guides section, you can already do what you want to.

I got this idea because someone in another forum was making a GUI to a CD burning API and I told him what a great software this is for it but he complained that after a few minutes it is impossible to find a option to burn a audio CD. I myself look and there is no option that says Burn Audio CD. As a matter of fact, I have CDBurnerXP installed just for that. Because ImgBurn does everything I want/need except burn audio CDs. I should (like he said) have to google to look for a way to burn a audio CD or like you said look at a guide for it.

Because you're not looking in the right place for it?

Read the Guides section, you can already do what you want to.

I got this idea because someone in another forum was making a GUI to a CD burning API and I told him what a great software this is for it but he complained that after a few minutes it is impossible to find a option to burn a audio CD. I myself look and there is no option that says Burn Audio CD. As a matter of fact, I have CDBurnerXP installed just for that. Because ImgBurn does everything I want/need except burn audio CDs. I should (like he said) have to google to look for a way to burn a audio CD or like you said look at a guide for it.

:mellow:

Who cares if it's a cheap workaround?

It's basically the same GUI / interface you'd see anyway and it gets the job done.

Just because there's no specific 'Mode' for it, don't cast it aside. At least it can handle CD-TEXT which is more than CDBurnerXP can do.

Remember that you're not tied down to a burning library with ImgBurn like you are with a lot of other freeware tools. Everything ImgBurn can do is down to me writing the code for it.

• 2 weeks later...
Who cares if it's a cheap workaround?

It's basically the same GUI / interface you'd see anyway and it gets the job done.

Just because there's no specific 'Mode' for it, don't cast it aside. At least it can handle CD-TEXT which is more than CDBurnerXP can do.

Remember that you're not tied down to a burning library with ImgBurn like you are with a lot of other freeware tools. Everything ImgBurn can do is down to me writing the code for it.

My main question now is why do I have to look up a guide to burn a Audio CD in a cd burning program? :teehee: I mean come on....Its one of the key/first features in a cd burning program.

CDBurnerXP for burning CD's seems to have less features than ImgBurn.

This is the only feature I can find.

Um I opened CDBurnerXP, click on Audio Disc, and I can drag the tracks (up to 74/80 mins) I want to burn. 3 steps which are clearly written for burning a audio disc.

I rather have 3 steps and no CD-TEXT vs. a cheap workaround guide with CD-TEXT.

I love ImgBurn but not making a simple GUI for (audio CDs) is just lazy. Hell, Ill do the GUI and you just program the neccesary functions for each button/text box/etc to work correctly.

Open up ImgBurn

Open up Create CUE File

Drag the files to the CUE window from Windows Explorer

= 3 steps...

Create CUE File.....Yup. Any 5 year old, 90 year old, or new user understands that that means to create a audio CD.

Its very obvious. How could even I a tech user miss it?

Also instresting that since it is so easy, that ImgBurn has to have a guide for it....Why isnt there a guide for opening the program/burning a ISO/burning data/etc?

:|

^ The face of someone that doesn't care :P

Also the face of someone that doesn't want their product to reach further and further in general user usage because that someone doesnt want to make a simple "Make Audio CD" option.

Your lost not mine.

Why isnt there a guide for opening the program/burning a ISO/burning data/etc?

There is/are.

I dont know how to start the program and I see no guide on how to start the program therfore maybe you should make a guide about it :):rolleyes:

I think I know exactly where I am thanks.

Corrected :)

• 4 weeks later...
You'd have to burn the CUE to a CD-R/CD-RW and then use Read mode to create a disc image from the burned disc.

Thanks. I hope LUK! can add this in the future (skipping the 'burn' part). I guess if I try to use the build mode with .wav files, the result will be a cd-rom image, not an audio-cd one.

• 1 month later...

Although I don't burn audio CDs almost never, I know few people that have removed IB from their PCs, cause burning Audio CDs is not as easy as it is in Nero (or Burrrn, which I use when I burn audio CDs).

So, if that is not complicated, maybe it would be nice to add that option.

Although I don't burn audio CDs almost never, I know few people that have removed IB from their PCs, cause burning Audio CDs is not as easy as it is in Nero (or Burrrn, which I use when I burn audio CDs).

They really should not be using a computer if they cannot work it out or even bother to learn.

They really should not be using a computer if they cannot work it out or even bother to learn.

That is your opinion. I don't agree - I also prefer programs that are EASY to use (and I am not newbie ;) ). So, when making AudioCD, Burrrn is MUCH easier then ImgBurn... That is why I always instal ImgBurn AND Burrrn to anyone. Even I don't want to *learn* how to make audio CD, when it is so easy with other program.

I don't understand why anybody wants to "defend" solution that is not so good, compared to something that is better? >_<

Is it somehow IB way of audio CD creation better than with Burrn? Is it easier? Is it complicated to add "regular" audio CD support to IB (like when you burn mp3 CD)?

It's not about being complicated, it's just time consuming to add extra 'Modes' to the program.

If you look at it properly, the Write Mode + Create CUE + Burn thing is not really all that different from the new Advanced build mode - where you open Build mode + Disc Layout Editor + Burn.

There is no benefit (feature wise) to adding a standalone mode for Audio CD burning.... and due to the small main window size (which is set in stone), adding the audio tracks etc would still be done in 2nd pop up dialog exactly like the current 'Create CUE' one. The only extra thing you're having to do is pick a name for the CUE file when you save it. I guess I could add a 'Burn Now' button which causes the program to use a temp file rather than prompting (Not really any different to 'Quick OK') and load it directly into Write mode but it just seems pointless to me.

The only extra thing you're having to do is pick a name for the CUE file when you save it. I guess I could add a 'Burn Now' button which causes the program to use a temp file rather than prompting (Not really any different to 'Quick OK') and load it directly into Write mode but it just seems pointless to me.

Another extra step is to delete the CUE file created only for audio CD burning after successful burning session.

Please, add audio CD burning from temporary CUE file!.. I always forget to delete temporary CUE files - so most of my MP3 folders contains these orphan files... Burning audio CD from a temp CUE file (which will be deleted after successful burning) seems to be an easy and elegant solution.

Thank you.

• 2 months later...

Thought I'd share a first impression of using ImgBurn to make a backup copy of an audio CD.

Bear in mind that I've not fully researched this yet and this is just a first impression as a FYI.

I wanted to make a backup copy of an audio CD (not mp3) to use in our car. I only made one attempt and found it's not so easy using ImgBurn.

First it said I was trying to create an ISO file but shouldn't and ImgBurn would create the proper files for me "this time".

I have not found how to create it properly yet so ImgBurn doesn't have to do it for me "this time".

Then I found that the ImgBurnTemp.bin file was 634,691 KB in size so it does contain data. I selected the CUE file and burned a CD. Got a successfully completed but the CD wouldn't play and it looks to be still blank.

I just spent about 3 hours googling and have not found a step-by-step procedure on how to use ImgBurn to copy an audio CD.

I searched Cynthia's how to use ImgBurn but did not find what I needed.

I just found this thread and it appears that making a backup copy of an audio CD is not that easy.

Believe me, I'm not complaining. My main reason for using ImgBurn is to burn DVDs (with verify!) and it's done that superbly so far.

Just thought a new user's experience might be helpful. If might be a good thing to post a step-by-step procedure to make backup copies of audio CDs to make it easier for newbies.

Raptor

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.