Device Not Ready (Medium Not Present)

JMezzy69

Hey

I have already seen a few threads on this issue but none have really ehlped so I thought I'd make one myself.

When attempting to burn onto a Dual Layer disk (and yes i'm using Verbatim) I can not write to the disk because i have the message at the bottom saying "Device Not Ready (Medium Not Present)." I'm using an "HP DVD Writer 740b (ATA)" with the newest firmware i believe (HI24). Here is my log, which has nothing on it really but I would appreciate the help----->

I 02:49:27 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 02:49:27 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 02:49:27 Total Physical Memory: 981,480 KB - Available: 257,752 KB

I 02:49:27 Initialising SPTI...

I 02:49:27 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 02:49:28 Found 1 DVD

Eject the disc and insert it again... does the message in the status bar ever change when you do that?

If it changes and just ends up on medium not present then your drive has an issue with your discs.

Check the drive can still initialise discs you've burnt previously, as well as some originals (cds and dvds).

Cleaning the drive might help, failing that (and depending on the results of the tests above) you'll have to buy different media or a new drive.

The message I get is this: "Device Not Ready(Logical unit is in process of being ready)"

But now today I got it to read a disc once so I'm not sure what's wrong with it. Maybe just needs to be cleaned like you said??

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.