Splash Screen Logo Onto Burn Button

tunayx

The only case where I've seen a button with the program's logo is one that opens the About box. With the button as it is there are some people who don't see it, imagine if it had the program's logo then? They wouldn't even notice it's a button.

As for splash screens, if you don't like them there is always mkisofs, cdrecord and many other alternatives :P

I don't want to disscuss this with a jolly joker. So my suggestion is put imgburn logo onto burn button that button also could have the "Burn" text for more descriptive way. I see other "stupid" apps has the show their logo in this way.

The main reason that you see the slash screen is that during the showing - ImgBurn creates the various form before it can show the main program window. It's not so that it shows itself for the purpose of showing it - it's just an indication that the program is "working".

On a very old/slow computer you see the splash window for a long time - on a fast one - you see it for just some seconds.

I have a fast pc and it just flashes. After several hundred launches I find this flashes more tiring. So I prefer half second blank latency before imgburn window opens. I think giving an ini option to users, would be better and logo on burn button make a cooler brand impression.

Asked by a few users over the past, including this thread..2 to be exact...and answered more than enough. If you want a program to do what you want when it opens....design it. I believe the Boss is happy with the way HIS program opens. <_<

If you want a program to do what you want when it opens....design it.

Sorry but I've been so many forum and none show me the door when I make a suggestion.

To the BOSS: Too many arrogant fans here that new users can't take a breath, have a talk with them.

Too many arrogant fans here

It's not arrogance, it's just simply that the subject has been proposed before and the Boss has answered before. If you had used the search function, as all boards including this one suggest, you would have found his answer and then we would not be having this discussion. On more boards than not, you wouldn't have been given the time it takes to answer a previously answered question...and then you may have posted a complaint about no one answering your query....sometimes we just can't please users that want instant satisfaction/reaction without doing the forum the courtesy of looking for the answer themselves.

I come to here make a suggestion that not suggested before. But instant show doors, describing it as "stupid suggestion", close your eyes... So many unnecessary, unkind replies. But sometimes this happens when few arrogant people joined together in somewhere. It's about your quality not mine.

I come to here make a suggestion that not suggested before. But instant show doors, describing it as "stupid suggestion", close your eyes... So many unnecessary, unkind replies. But sometimes this happens when few arrogant people joined together in somewhere. It's about your quality not mine.

You are taking it far too personally. I know my post was made in fun.

Either way you have your answer now please let us just leave it.

Loading ImgBurn on my PC takes a second or three. In that time it displays the splash screen, verifies the required drivers, checks the paths to my network drives (about 15 of them) and also pings Google, Microsoft or Yahoo to validate an internet connection before checking for a newer version. Even without a splash screen, these tasks would still be performed. Not displaying the splash screen won't speed anything up given the amount of system checks that it has to do.

What I suggest is not remove it for everybody. An option in ini file to people who wants turn off splash, especially for fast computers, because it looks like a flash. If developer want to show imgburn logo for everybody, I suggest logo on button would be good looking like this, surely can be designed much better.

r0cbwz.jpg

Edited by tunayx

Even with the responses you've gotten from the "arrogant fans", whether you like them or not, I think you have your answer from the developer by his lack of presence in this thread....he does read them all.

EDIT: No one is showing you the door, simply stating that your suggestion has been noted and will probably go no where...although I can't see a problem with adding an box in options to enable/disable the splash screen. Like Shamus said, the routines and checks will be and need to be run regardless.

As others have said, the program just pops up that windows whilsts the others are loaded. I have no interest in changing that.

Not only that, I don't want to have to parse the CLI stuff, ini files and registry entries *before* it's displayed to check the user hasn't disabled it.

Sorry but you'll just have to live with it.

Anyway most tools don't show any splash though they load things before launch. It would be good to not see that flash on my 3.5 ghz quad core. It's just a suggestion I don't come here to kick the door, hope some guys don't treat new users like yoyo in the future.

• 1 year later...

I have read almost all the thread/s on this splash "thing" I wonder why there is a support forum when the suggestions made by the user are never considered or ignored..

may be one day the developer thinks smarter and makes this option available

A nice day

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.