Time for a new Drive?

Drej1908

Hi guys,

new member here although I usually lurk the forums and get answers by reading the other topics.

So basically, it seems like my drive is playing up (pioneer 112d 2 years old), it seems like the drive once it hits the 50% mark just stops writing or gives errors on the second layer of the disc. I am running the latest version of Imgburn (2.5.0.0) and latest firmware for my drive as well as using Verbs DL discs (Disc ID: MKM-003-00)

I am quite sure it is just time to change my drive, although yesterday it worked fine and managed to burn a disc without problems.. but today it gave me another error.

Here is the log for today's failure (unfrtunatley I dont have any others as I left debug mode on yesterday and it seems to have replaced all the past logs) but like I pointed earlier it usually just stops burning after the 50% mark, writing speed goes 0.0x and time remaining becomes unkown... I could leave it on for 8 hours (I usually burn images before I go to work) and it still remains like that.

ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 - Log

; Wednesday, 05 August 2009, 15:01:43

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 06:55:01 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 06:55:01 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 06:55:01 Total Physical Memory: 1,047,788 KB - Available: 588,492 KB

W 06:55:01 Drive M:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

W 06:55:01 Drive N:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

W 06:55:01 SPTD can have a detrimental effect on drive performance.

I 06:55:01 Initialising SPTI...

I 06:55:01 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 06:55:01 Found 4 DVD-ROMs and 1 DVD

My opinion? The 112 is getting a bit old. I'd toss it and grab a new drive. :)

Yep, thought so as the errors seem to be pretty random, would the LG GH22NP20 be a decent option (nearest IT store only stocks that at the mo) or maybe someone could direct me to the relevant topic?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.