Please help, DVD won't playback on DVD player!

jaaesa

Hello,

I would really, really appreciate some help on this. I am using DVD Shrink/ImgTool/ImgBurn to burn DVDs and am relatively new to it. I have been using Memorex DVD-Rs and everything has been perfect. When I ran out of these DVDs I bought a pack of SONY DVD-RW and now nothing plays back on my DVD player!! It works fine on my PC though. In the status box in ImgBurn it says the DVD is incomplete, whereas before it would say complete when it was done burning. I don't think its my DVD player cuz its played other DVD-RWs, plus it says right in ImgBurn that its incomplete, which it didn't do with the DVD-Rs. Does anyone know why this is happening? I don't know much about dvd burning so it could be something I am missing. I am doing everything the same as before, the only thing that has changed is the DVDs I am using. Is there something fancy I need to do with dvd-rws?

Thanks!!

Thanks Kev, you are right, I should stick with dvd-rs. I just can't figure out why its saying incomplete in ImgBurn whereas DVD-Rs say complete. There has to be some difference other than my DVD player, which is probably contributing, but i can't be the whole story. Is this typical?

Is imgburn formatting this disc before starting the burn? It should be. Also after the burning of the image is done, is imgburn closing or syncronizing the image? You can always check off verify burn so that imgburn will check the image after its completed its cycle. If you could send us a log of the failed burn next time it might show us whats going on. :)

Edited by kevdriver

Oh yeah, when its done it says "synchronizing cache" and I do hit verify, but it still says operation completed successfully. Anyhow, im probably jut doing something stupid, Im going to try again, and I will post a log...

if those discs that you have success with ,the memorex are made with the cmc dye then you're going to have issues with them over time if you plan to keep it for any lenght . Around here we dont reccommend Memorex for anything (CMC MAG) Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim is the way to go :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.