Built an iso from avi files, burned DVD contains avi files not an iso

Handsome Prints

I have 5 avi files on my camera. I used ImgBurn to create an iso file from the 5 avi files. Then I burned the iso file to the DVD. When I insert the DVD in my DVD player, I see the names of the 5 avi files. When I click on one of them to play the video, I see a message on the screen that says "Decoding". Then I hear some jumbled high pitch audio that repeats without video. Also when I insert the DVD into my computer, I see 5 avi files. It almost seems as though I burnt a data DVD, but how could I have if I burned an iso file?

Totally stumped. No doubt I am doing something wrong, but everytime I retrace my steps, I can't figure out my mistake. I repeated the process three times, all three times the same result. I also tried burning the mds file with the same result.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can lend a hand.

HP

You need to use another program, like DVD Flick or ConvertXtoDVD, so that the disc can be played on any DVD player.

Is it normal that after burning the iso file to a DVD, I ended up with avi files on the DVD (which were visible for example when reading the disc from the DVD drive on my computer)? I thought when you burn an iso file to a DVD, you end up with something different, in DVD format... It almost seems like what I burned was a data DVD (even though the source file was an iso file). Or am I confused about how iso files work...

HP

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.