Disk appears blank after successful burn - data disk.

schweinhundert

I'm brand new using imgburn, but read the relevant sections of Cynthia the Swede's guide so pretty sure I did things right.

I just successfully burned a data dvd, verified with no errors, but when I try to play something off the disk, it shows up as blank, though all the stats are visible in imgburn. In fact, loading the disk changes the title of my burner (lite on lh20a1s, same one I cooked it with) from dvd ram to cd rom drive, but otherwise nada. It DOES show up in my el cheapo sony cd rom drive, which is great, but I want it to work everywhere, of course!

I turned all 3 file systems on, since that's what I read was best, and left all other defaults alone. Burned at 4x. Just flashed latest firmware too.

Lemme add that a sudden string of completely horrible burns via nero set me on the path to here. Though I think the trouble there was burning stuff while running a bunch of apps at the same time. I believe this since I later tried testing blank some media twice, once with stuff running, once without (using nero cd-dvd speed) and what was horrible with apps running was luverly without them running.

One other evil was the disk before this one gave me a bsod while verifying, and also 2 bsods trying to play a movie off of it with 2 media players - upon reaching the same spot in the film. Here, I think it was a bad disk (had a nasty scratch, from dunno where), but maybe it's worth mentioning.

I've had a few complete spontaneous shut downs, mid-burn, using nero in the past as well.

So any idea what I did wrong, or what I can do next burn?

Thanks a bunch, I'm really glad I found imgburn and this awesome forum, it's all very interesting stuff!

Please post the log of that burn (look in ImgBurn's Help menu).

BSODs indicate something is wrong with your computer (overheating/memory/driver problems/etc). You might want to disable automatic reboot and taking note of the error message, which you can then later Google to find out what's wrong.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.