DVD +R DL

DougB

Use the star system and the pre view function.

Try to burn one disc with SPLIP enabled and test to play it in your stand alone DVD player. If it doesn't hang or freak out at the layer break - you know it can handle that setting. Or even better - you shouldn't even notice that there is a layer break as you won't see the possible 1 second hang that can happen when the laser switches focus between the layers.

:)

Imaging that you would watch the burned movie. If the layer break is at the same spot as they switch from one scene to a completely different one you wouldn't care if the player paused for a second - but if you are watching a car hunt you would be irritated and notice the layer break if it's in the same scene.

It's a bit like it was in the old days when they had to switch projector during the showing of the movie. Pick such a spot like they used back then.

One thing I think should be said about the Preview function. Not all the available stars can be previewed for a specific disc. You can also double click on the star lines and get a preview that way.

I have to admit, I don't know why some stars appear when there's no preview for them. :)

Yes, that's exactly it.

You can only preview something that's actually video!

If a potential layer break position is at that start of an IFO/BUP file then it's not any part of a video and therefore cannot be previewed.

The ones that are on files should be pretty obvious if you look in the columns.

• 1 month later...
You can only preview something that's actually video! If a potential layer break position is at that start of an IFO/BUP file then it's not any part of a video and therefore cannot be previewed.
On my PC when I preview a cell, I get audio but no video. I don't think this is an ImgBurn issue but rather a PC issue--what must I do to get my PC to display the video when using "Preview Selected Cell"?

I'm using Win XP Pro x64. I should add that when I use PgcEdit to look at the cell in question, which at least is a window that looks very much like ImgBurn's, I do see the video there.

Edited by laserfan

On my PC when I preview a cell, I get audio but no video. I don't think this is an ImgBurn issue but rather a PC issue--what must I do to get my PC to display the video when using "Preview Selected Cell"?

Go to Tools -> Settings -> General tab -> page 2, enable Don't Use DirectDraw Overlays, click OK and try the Preview again.

Alternatively, look for the latest drivers for your videocard. Also installing the latest DirectX could help.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.