Brand New DVD+RW formatting

noonyfoot

Is there any Brand of new DVD+RW's I can purchase that are already formatted for ImgBurn's Format needs . I have burned 2 DVD's of the same movie , 1 = already used in a Panasonic DVD HDD modelDMR E85H , erased , and inserted in my computer DVD drive , for ImgBurn to Burn a Movie title . The 2nd was a brand new disc , a Transonic DVD+RW . But ImgBurn software said it had to erase and format both discs --- which takes about 17 mins on my computer , and with a further approx. 14mins to burn , takes overall = over 30 mins ! How can I speed up this process using rewritable discs ? I also burned the same title to a new Transonic DVD+R - and it only took about 14 mins . So please could anyone suggest a quicker way to utilise DVD rewritable discs -- or should I look for another DVD Burner that is speedier ?

Thanks , --- Noonyfoot

You only need to format DVD+RW media once: after that you can just overwrite it (doesn't even need to erase).

The problem is that if you write that disc with another burning program or recordable device it may lose its formatted state, and then you'll need to format it again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.