Putting Folders and Files onto the same disk

Alwyn

Great program. I use it a lot.

Scenario: I have a folder in which are files and folders. I want to be able to select all of the contents of the folder, in one hit, and put them into the Source window. But as far as I can tell, one must first select the files to be added, then go back and select the folders to be added. I can only add the files with the "Browse for a file" button and folders with the "Browse for a folder" button below it.

Is there any way this can be done in one step ie choose files and folders together?

Thanks, Alwyn

Version 2.5

Thanks mmalves,

Even on the Advanced input screen ie the disk layout editor, I still have to choose the files and folders separately (the Add Files and Add Folder buttons have the same functionality as on the normal screen), although, as you point out, I can drag and drop folders and files together. I generally don't use drag and drop though. I like to start the program then do the choosing of files and folders from within it.

Thanks, Alwyn

It's about time you got into drag+drop a little more, that's how the OS is designed to work after all!

You can even use 'Copy' + 'Paste' if you want.

Yikes! A lecture from the boss!

Whispering - can I please put in a feature request for a combined file/folder selection?

Thanks.

PS: sorry for the late reply; I didn't get an email from the board.

I have a folder in which are files and folders. I want to be able to select all of the contents of the folder, in one hit

If you drag & drop the folder you want, ImgBurn will ask if the folder should be visible in the root of disc or just the content of it. Just answer "Yes". All the folders and files from that folder will be added to the source window in one hit.

Actually, that only happens if you have auto calculate enabled - which it isn't by default.

It's not the D+D that pops up the message about the root folder, it's the calculate feature, and even then it's only if you have a single folder in the 'Source' box.

If you use the Advanced mode then auto calc doesn't kick in until your close the disc layout editor window.

Actually, that only happens if you have auto calculate enabled - which it isn't by default.

It's not the D+D that pops up the message about the root folder, it's the calculate feature, and even then it's only if you have a single folder in the 'Source' box.

If you use the Advanced mode then auto calc doesn't kick in until your close the disc layout editor window.

Yes. True about the auto calculate. I always have it enabled. I really don't know the reason why it is not enabled by default. You sure have one.

I replyed because that is what is asking:

I have a folder in which are files and folders. I want to be able to select all of the contents of the folder, in one hit, and put them into the Source window."

Does not mention anything else just adding the whole content of that folder to the surce.

I asumed that it is the only action. If he wants more, better use Advanced Mode.

Still the D+D is the easyest way to do that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.