creating a music CD image file as opposed to burning the actual CD

sanmalice

First I apologize if this feature has already been suggested or if there is a way to do this that I can't figure out. Is there a way to create a music CD image file via the build mode? I tried searching to see if someone else has suggested this feature already but couldn't find anything. I also wonder if perhaps there is a technical reason this hasn't already been implemented. Basically when I follow the online guide to create a CUE file I can only write a real disk I can't create an image file (i.e. ISO file). I desire to build an image file as opposed to being required to burn it to a disk first. Is this possible? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

San

Edited by sanmalice

ImgBurn's Build mode doesn't create Audio CD images. What you could do is burn the CUE image you've created to a CD-RW then use the Read mode to create a disc image from that CD-RW.

Okay, thanks for confirming that I am not blind or losing my mind. That said, may I request that this capability be considered for a future release?

Thanks

San

Edited by sanmalice

• 4 weeks later...

ImgBurn's Build mode doesn't create Audio CD images ...

Okay, thanks for confirming that I am not blind or losing my mind. That said, may I request that this capability be considered for a future release?

Bump ... Seems a good idea :thumbup:

Would it be possible without too much hackery ?

Why? Just to have an extra file that occupies an extra 700 MB of space on hard drive? :blink:

Isn't the cue file a sort of "virtual" image file of that disc? And it use only few KB. :thumbup:

You know you can save it for later repeted use, don't you? :whistling:

• 1 month later...

Why? Just to have an extra file that occupies an extra 700 MB of space on hard drive? :blink:

Isn't the cue file a sort of "virtual" image file of that disc? And it use only few KB. :thumbup:

You know you can save it for later repeted use, don't you? :whistling:

Point well taken.

Although, sometimes for a variety of different reasons (backing up an .iso image file onto a DVD burnable is one such time) it's just more convenient to work with .iso's and the nice all in one package that it is. If it never makes it into ImgBurn I will survive, but it would be a nice convenience to have. Thanks for all the hard work and support via the forums. :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.