Warning: Unresponsive script

Handler

Howdy,

Does anyone else receive a "Warning: Unresponsive script" error with v3.5.3 of Firefox when loading this thread located HERE? The page appears to be completely built even if I stop the script.

post-13850-12561842761.png

P.S. There are currently 4 pages and it only seems to happen on the first page.

Edited by Handler

No.

Terse ;)

It appears to be a forum bug. I reduced the amount of posts per thread and the problem went away. Returned the amount back and the error also returned. My guess is that page, unlike the other three pages, is unusually big and is probably causing a memory handling issue in the JavaScript syntax highlighter module. I attempted to find more information, but the Google developers forum is a cesspool of spam. Invision Power has an ongoing thread regarding this acknowledge problem. Says it happens with slower machines, although others with quad-cores also experience the same problem, sort-of ruling out slow machines. In any case, they say they are at the mercy of Google code.

At this time that is the only page that is throwing up an error, in the meantime I'll put the post per page back until I run into it again.

Thanks.

Edited by Handler

I have it set to maximum:

Number of posts to show for each topic page: = 50

That's what I have it set to, both before and currently. Hmm. I believe Invision Power mentioned something about it not happening to everyone, so I guess that must be what's happening here.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.