Bootable Applications (new user)

yardstar

How do you make a booting CD From an EXE. or APP. file? I have purchased Office 2007 and Trend Micro from Digital River and would like to make CD's that start and load like a Cd should. I assume it is possible, but I have never tried before. The reason I found you is because I also purchased Windows7 from digital river and the only way I could get to work is with good directions from here and a lot of patients. Thank you for that!! I owe you one and as soon as I am done paying for college I will slip you a donation!!

Trere is no need to make it bootable. Perhaps you want it to autorun the .exe when you insert the disc in the drive to autostart installing.

If it's the original disc purchased, than it should be prepared to autorun. Verify if you have enabled the Autorun feature on that drive.

How To Enable/Disable Autorun (Windows XP)

1.Open Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + "e" key.

2.Right-click the desired CD-ROM and select Properties from the menu.

3.Select the AutoPlay tab.

4.Select each item from the pulldown list and for the Action to perform, select "Take no action" to disable autorun, or pick the apporpriate action to take if enabling autorun.

5.Select OK.

If you want to make your program installler to autostart follow this and make a Autorun.inf file with Notepad and put it in the root of CD

The following is an example of a simple Autorun.inf file. It specifies Filename.exe as the startup application. The second icon represents the CD-ROM drive instead of the standard drive icon.

[autorun]

open=Filename.exe

icon=Filename.ico

Edited by ianymaty

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.