FireFox home page problem

greyowl

I have a lot of respect for the expertise on this forum so I am looking for some help on a rather obscure problem.

I work for a school district who provide me with a laptop which connects to their network whenever I am in the school.

I also use the computer at home. I use Firefox browser. If I set the home page on FF at home and then go to the school and connect to the network, the home page is changed to the schools default home page.

I am wondering if there is some app or setting that has the ability to lock the homepage to my preference so that the network cannot change it.

I doubt it, it's probably done via group policy or a login script - and of course the idea of that is so YOU can't change it!

The only thing you could do is make a 2nd user which never logs onto the school network and therefore never has user policies or scripts run against it. Is it worth doing that just to get around your homepage being changed... certainly not! lol

• 1 month later...

I discovered the problem and solution. I am using an IBM laptop which has IBM ThinkVantage software for access connections. Within the software, there is the option to set a homepage and over-ride the homepage set in IE or Firefox. I simply disabled (unchecked) the option and now I can set the homepage in Firefox and it remains.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.