Some Newbie Questions

chrob61

Hello- I have a few questions, just starting out using IMGBURN after using Nero for so long

1) How do you configure it so that IMGBURN comes up when I insert a DVD into my drive?

2) I have read the various functions, build, write, etc...but is it possible to select "build" and then it will go directly into "write" mode? Or do you have to do both functions separately?

3) Not sure how to make a menu in IMGBURN, where do you create a menu? Or is that done automatically?

4) I have tried burning onto what I thought was an erased DVD+RW, I had erased it in IMGBURN full erase, but I decided to abort my project because under the section "write retries" it was up over 100!!! Does that mean you should give up on the project and maybe it is because my media is bad? I am using Memorex DVD+RWs that are about 5 years old.

Thanks, hope I can get this program to work better than Nero- which takes FOREVER to transcode my files!

Chris

:rolleyes:

1. You have to do it by enabling Autorun feature on that Drive in Windows and set there to call ImgBurn when a Blank disc is inserted

2. No. How about ask for a beer and get a coke? :blink:

3. ImgBurn is a Burnig tool. You do you menu in an editing software. DVDFlick can help you.

4. 5 years??? How many times you overwrite it? Get another

Finaly ImgBurn only Burns as is, no transcoding in any way.

Edited by ianymaty

Thank you LightningUK- I think that is what I did- in build mode, after build, the tray cycled, then verified, and then my disc went from empty to complete. So I took it that all this happened in build mode.

Build mode has the option to output directly to disc.

You can't make it create the image and then burn it though.

There is however an option to build the image and then add it to the write queue - which then shows up when you switch to Write mode.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.