Not IMGBURN specific, DVD VOB file specific

Dirk Diggler

Can anyone point me to a mapping of how VOB files are laid out. I am trying to use VOB files to generate IFO files for VOB filesets greater than VTS_01* eg (VTS_02+*) currently IFOEdit doesnt handle this well and even when i rename the 10 VOB files to follow a convention where it can be read by IFOEDIT the last two VOB files arent even added and this is after I have Fixed the VTS sectors.

Hi and welcome to the forum, Dirk Diggler! :)

There might be a restriction to max 9 VOBs in one Titleset when you use IfoEdit. Might work if you merge the last two into one VOB file.

http://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-107742.html

even when i rename the 10 VOB files

You are renaming them to VTS_02_#.VOB or? Not sure if this is what you want or you just want to have one VOB in each Titleset?

# = 1 to 9

Hi and welcome to the forum, Dirk Diggler! :)

There might be a restriction to max 9 VOBs in one Titleset when you use IfoEdit. Might work if you merge the last two into one VOB file.

http://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-107742.html

even when i rename the 10 VOB files

You are renaming them to VTS_02_#.VOB or? Not sure if this is what you want or you just want to have one VOB in each Titleset?

# = 1 to 9

The way they are structured now is VTS_01_* VTS_02_* VTS_03_* and IFOEdit will only work with the first title set so I tried renaming them to VTS_01_01 to 10 and that didnt work either. I would like to keep them separate as they were ripped from the disc using DVDDecrypter but the disc is damaged and unreadable at this point.

Why not join/merge VTS_01_09.VOB and VTS_01_10.VOB into VTS_01_09.VOB ?

Yes I will try that but do you know of a web site (Ive searched high and low) that maps out the VOB file in bytes ie location of pack header, nav packs, DIS, PES, Cells, Chapters and all the other information contained in the VOB file. Ive found a few sites but they dont give contiguous data as to the VOB breakdown

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.