Laptop or Desktop

rolex

Im thinking of buying a Dell XPS Studio 1530 with a blu-ray burner. The burners in laptops are the similar to the ones in a desktop?

If you use your burner quite alot and whants something really good would the one mentioned above do?

(I asked something almost the same earlier but two of my posts have disapeared)

Edited by rolex

Im thinking of buying a Dell XPS Studio 1530 with a blu-ray burner. The burners in laptops are the similar to the ones in a desktop?

If you use your burner quite alot and whants something really good would the one mentioned above do?

I'm not a fan of using laptops as workhorses. A desktop is cheaper, more expandable and alot easier to fix. Don't get me wrong. I have a laptop or 2 floating around here somewhere that are great for surfing the net, playing the occasional cheap game and Remote Desktop so I can move files around on my other machines from the comfort of a recliner. (Possibly the greatest invention ever). :) However, for raw computing power, you can't beat a quadcore desktop with 4gigs of RAM that costs a third of what a comparable laptop does.... and you'll be able to add to it (video cards, more harddrives etc) if you need to.... but that's only my opinion.

If you want/need mobility, to take it with you whenever you want, to do easy tasks, go with the laptop. You also gain space around with it. The writers that came with the laptops are slim lines and not so reliable in time.

Otherwise get a desktop computer. It will take more space around but you can do a lot more and havy tasks with it and it is easy to modify or add a component to it. You can add whatever normal burner you want to it that is much better than slim lines. In the laptop is harder to change it and it's not even worth to change it. Alternatively in a regular computer if you know to handle a screwdriver, you do not need more to change it yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

If you use your burner quite alot and whants something really good would the one mentioned above do?gia

one is internal and one is external... if you have a desktop, go with the LG, light-scribe is pretty neat too, plus it's SATA, which means faster speeds... only go with the external if you're putting it on a laptop.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.