Verify Necessary ?

Section_25

OK, I have used Imgburn for years and I love it. When I first tried Imgburn I experimented with the verify option while burning. I'm not an expert on burning, but it seemed to me like it just burned what I was burning twice. What exactly happens when Imgburn is " verifying "? Is this something I should always do ? To be honest, I never use it and I never seem to have a problem with my burns. I seem to be moving into burning larger files now, like DL DVD's and possibly Blu-Ray, so I was just wondering if this is something I need to look further into to possibly prevent a bad burn.

Thanks for any replies !!

Verify

If you want to verify that your compilation has been written properly to your disc you can select this option. It will re-read your burned disc and compare it to the original source file(s). The 'Verify' option is disabled if you have selected the 'Test Mode' option.

Ummm, yeah, Great!

Thanks for your assistance, but actually I knew that, and I was hoping for more than one basic sentence of information about it. I was hoping someone could elaborate on this feature as far as what actually happened if while verifying an error was found. Does it Re-write at that point to correct the burn or just point out that your disk is a coaster ? LOL

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.