no MDS file / MD5 values created for Blu-ray ISO Reads?

Frankenstien

Hey all ... I poked around here and don't find anything when searching 'Blu-ray MDS' ...

Based on ImgBurn2500 read ISO file sizes (4 so far, ranging from 40.1-45.0GB), I must be dealing with Double Layer BD-ROM Blu-ray discs (a definition I found of prerecorded BD-ROM Blu-ray disc types is at: hxxp://www.blu-raydisc.com/en/Technical/TechnicalWhitePapers/BDROM.html) ... and yet ImgBurn2500 is not creating MDS files to define a layer break.

Can ImgBurn2500 be configured to create MDS files for the above disc type? Do I even need that feature? My intent is to burn the ISOs to BD-R DL discs sometime down the road.

I noticed that under Tools > Settings > General > Page 2 - Advanced, I can enable 'Create MDS - Preserve Full Pathnames' - will this do what I'm thinking I need?

And, while we're in that spot, if I enable 'Calculate MD5 Hash Values' and possibly the subset option 'Compare MD5 Hash Values', will I get MD5 values in my logs for read ISOs? I recently had to move the above referenced large ISO files and was surprised to discover that MD5 values don't exist in the logs to verify ISO file integrity after the move.

Thanks, FFF

They did away with the layerbreak concept when they made the BluRay standard, so it's all handled by the burner itself.

As for the MD5 hashes, the Calculate MD5 Hashes option will calculate and show/save the MD5 hashes in the program's log, and if you want ImgBurn to save a separate .md5 file for each ISO image then you should enable the appropriate option in the Read tab.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.