locking volume for exclusive access

winebuffs

I am a new user. I used DVD flick to set up to burn went to bed. woke up to find a message "device not ready".... put in the disc (no laughing, it was late) and thought I was all set. Now the bottom of the Imgburn screen says "Locking Volume for Exclusive Access..." and has sat that way for more than 30 minutes. I am also unable to access anything on that computer (I am using a different computer to write this) - no other files will open - so I cannot access my version number, but I can let you know that I checked before I began and I did match the latest version available.

I have searched on this in the forum but cannot find any answer that addresses this situation.

I would like to know:

1. does anyone have any idea what this means? or how long it is supposed to take?

2. If I close out, will I need to start all over or when I start the program again will the program "find" where it left off (it has already encoded video and audio, combined sources, etc. according to my DVD FLick screen)

any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by winebuffs

The locking shouldn't take more than a few seconds. Reboot the computer and you'll probably be able to burn from the VIDEO_TS folder generated by DVD Flick.

Also run Windows Update or enable Automatic Updates to make sure you have all the latest patches for your Windows OS.

The locking shouldn't take more than a few seconds. Reboot the computer and you'll probably be able to burn from the VIDEO_TS folder generated by DVD Flick.

Also run Windows Update or enable Automatic Updates to make sure you have all the latest patches for your Windows OS.

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I forced shut down and restarted. Check for updates (did not need any). I also checked the DVD Flick folder and found loads of files. One is called DVD and has 2 folders in it - Audio_TS and Video_TS. The others are all text documents (such as ffmpeg_audio_title1_track0_source0, ffmpeg_video_title1_source0, and mplex_title0 files (one for each title 1 -7 of the videos I was burning to this disk)

Can you provide more info on how I might burn from the folders? I am guessing I need both the video_TS and Audio_TS in order to get the video and audio?

As an aside, how do I know if I have the latest version of imgburn? I downloaded DVD Flick, and it seems to have come with that software, however, I do not see it as a separate program in my programs file. I do know I have the latest version of DVD Flick.

Again thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Edited by winebuffs

Help -> Check for ImgBurn update

There are guides for burning DVD Video discs in the Guides forum.

Dear Admin,

i did look at all the guides. I cannot find out how to open imgburn on its own - it is not listed in my programs file, so I am not sure where to find the help file you refer to in order to check for the imgburn update. can send a link, or direct me how I can access that area?

Edited by winebuffs

As you only have the one that came with DVD Flick, take a look in the DVD Flick folder! It's got to be in there somewhere.

Don't forget Windows has a 'search' feature. Just type in ImgBurn when you're looking in the program files directory.

The 'Help' thing I mentioned is a menu inside ImgBurn - the menu at the top where you'd normally see things like Files / Edit / View / Help.

If you looked at all the guides then you will no doubt have seen the ones talking about 'DVD Video' and 'VIDEO_TS' folders. Just pick one and follow it.

Thank you. I found it by going into the DVD Flick folder, and downloaded the latest version.

Love the little messages at the bottom of the screen :-)

I had read the guide on burning dvd files directly to single layer media and it mentions the video_ts files, but does not say anything about the audio. since my files were completed in the dvd flick folder before my problem started, I am not sure if that is all I need since there are 2 folders - one for video and a separate one for audio - or if just using the video_ts files does it all. can you let me know if i need to include just the one, or both?

I do appreciate your help - i am trying to use the guides and other resources before troubling you.

Thanks again!

You only need the VIDEO_TS folder, it contains all the files required for the DVD (.ifo, .bup, .vob).

The AUDIO_TS folder is always an empty folder, ImgBurn will create one for you if necessary so you don't need to include it (Tools > Settings > Build > DVD Video > Create AUDIO_TS Folder).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.