wont burns vobs to dual layer disc

sean34

Hi

I have two films that are Video_ts format and want to burn to a dual layer dvd Verbatim DVD-R DL.

I have searched and followed a couple of guides but i don't get any screen or options to add the layer break! It just burns and only burns the first film?

Any suggestions help most appreciated as already wasted two discs.

As well as the above, you also need a DVD+R DL disc to be able to set the layer break in ImgBurn, not a DVD-R DL disc which is technically quite different.

(I'm unsure from your post if you meant +R DL and inadvertently typed -R DL, or you actually had the misfortune to buy a -R DL disc)

You can't burn 2 folders like that.

Reauthor them into 1 folder and then burn that.

so do i just put all the vobs ifo etc all into one video_ts folder or reauthor with software like dvd shrink or something?

As well as the above, you also need a DVD+R DL disc to be able to set the layer break in ImgBurn, not a DVD-R DL disc which is technically quite different.

(I'm unsure from your post if you meant +R DL and inadvertently typed -R DL, or you actually had the misfortune to buy a -R DL disc)

they are DVD-R DL discs so will they not work with imgburn even with what lighting said?

so do i just put all the vobs ifo etc all into one video_ts folder or reauthor with software like dvd shrink or something?

DVD Shrink or something.

they are DVD-R DL discs so will they not work with imgburn even with what lighting said?

You can try using the DVD-R DL blank you won't be able to change the layerbreak position, and that might make your movie momentarily freeze/skip at the layerbreak point.

Personally, I use DVD Flick. Though if you already have imgburn installed, you might want to check it won't mess anything up -- ImgBurn is packaged/installed with it. ImgBurn is below DVD Flick's directory -- so for all I know you could have both installations of ImgBurn and maybe they wouldn't conflict! (I don't know, trying to find that out myself.)

I can't remember if you can opt not to install ImgBurn with DVD Flick.

DVD Flick can burn directly to disk, create ISO first, or not create ISO. So if you uncheck both "Do not burn to disc" and "Do not create ISO", then follow "LIGHTNING UK!"'s guide for Dual-Layer exactly, you'll be all set -- except the issue where you might miss a few frames of an action sequence, because with DVD-R Dual-Layer you cannot choose exactly where the "break" occurs between Layer 1 and Layer 2.

I have used his tutorial (with DVD+R Dual-Layer), and I was able to fix the layer break where I wanted it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.