Path to DVDInfoPro + Shut-Down-Option & Graph Data

Clavius

Hi,

I have to questions:

Every time I try to use "Display Graph Data Using DVDInfoPro...", ImgBurn keeps telling me, that it tried hard to find DVDInfoPro, but had no success. (Maybe this is because I have no English version of Windows!?).

Of course I then tell it, where it is located, but why does it not remember it?

Today I tried checking the shut-down-option. In the settings I specified "Standby" as Shutdown Action.

I did _not_ check the close-program-option, since I wanted to view and export the Graph-Data.

Unfortunately, after awaking my computer from standby, ImgBurn was no longer running, and the Graph-Data was lost.

Is this Intended? Is there a workaround?

Greets

Clavius

Edited by Clavius

you can set the graph to save automatically in 'settings' so even if the programme closes you keep the file on your hard disc

Hey corn', this is something i need to do as many a time I've inadvertently closed the prog' without saving the data. To do this do i check "custom" in Tools/Settings/Graph Data/Default Folder... then browse for the relevant folder to save the data. I ask this as I can't see anything to acknowledge "save data before program exit" or words to that effect..........Cheers.

you should see it writing it in the log both before verify and after, like below

I 21:24:49 Exporting Graph Data...

I 21:24:49 Graph Data File: C:\ibg\_NEC_DVD_RW_ND-3550A_1.05_16-FEBRUAR-2006_21-14_TYG02_8x.ibg

I 21:25:09 Verifying Sectors...

I 21:30:19 Exporting Graph Data...

I 21:30:19 Graph Data File: C:\ibg\_NEC_DVD_RW_ND-3550A_1.05_16-FEBRUAR-2006_21-14_TYG02_8x.ibg

Thanks cornholio7, I'm currently awaiting the delivery of my next batch of discs so until they arrive I'll have to contend with amusing myself other ways :( . I've had a good look at the GUI and hopefully set everything to save both graph data and logs too. :thumbup:

1) DVDInfoPro is supposed to update a certain reg key/value each time it's opened/closed.

It's that key/value which I use to locate the main program exe - there is no process of remembering where the exe lives.

Normally, it's 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWN\DvdInfo'

and the value I read is 'Installation Directory'

ImgBurn then takes the path in the reg value and appends '\\DvdInfo.exe' to it.

That should in theory give me the full path / filename with which to run DVDInfoPro.

Only YOU can tell me why that's not working! If there is a problem I can fix, I will.

2) When you tick the 'shutdown computer' option, it goes hand in hand with the program closing down.

i.e. you can't have 1 without the other.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

sorry for replying so late, but I couldn't find the time.

1) DVDInfoPro is supposed to update a certain reg key/value each time it's opened/closed.

Normally, it's 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWN\DvdInfo'

and the value I read is 'Installation Directory'

I deffinatley don't have have this key/value in my registry!

2) When you tick the 'shutdown computer' option, it goes hand in hand with the program closing down.

i.e. you can't have 1 without the other.

The "Auto Export Graph Data"-Function mentioned by someone above was what I was looking for! :-)

One additional question:

I just had some Buffer-Underruns in one burn and can't find anything about it in the log file (I just saw the Buffer running empty several times during the burn).

Is this intentional?

I would love to have a log file entry like in Plextools (something like "BurnProof occurred X times during the burn") (I have a Plextor 716A)

Thanks

Clavi

1) Ok, well you should do! Maybe you didn't install it properly or are using an old version. Or maybe there is a problem writing to that key on your pc.

2) It's normal for the buffer to drop during the burn. It does it every time the drive performs any sort of WOPC - as such, it would be very difficult to actually say for sure how many REAL buffer underruns occurred. Anyway, with all the zero loss linking stuff these drives do now, it's not important.

1) Upgraded to V4.610 last week or so. Still the same.

But it doesn't bother me anymore, because I just doubleklick on the auto-saved ibg-file. :-)

2) That's sad! I like to have BURN-Proof-free burns.

Of course I could disable BURN-Proof in the settings, but since I do a lot burns with pricey DVD+R DL Media, I don't dare to do so! ;-)

3) Speaking of DVDInfoPro V4.610, a new question arises:

I can't see the CPU- and Buffer-percentages in the Graph!?

I figured out that since using ImgBurn 1.3.0.0, every time I do a burn I get a "Perfnet"-Error in eventviewer.

Anybody any clue what's going on?

Clavi

It's impossible to turn burnproof off for dvd+r, it's part of the spec that it's ALWAYS enabled.

Or at least that's what the MMC specs say ;)

Re: the DVDInfoPro thing, I just deleted my 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWN\' key and then ran dvdinfo pro. It makes that key again but doesn't appear to be creating the 'Installation Directory' value again. :(

I will report this to Nic and get him to fix it.

regarding the cpu bit in the graph , this has now been fixed and will be ok for the next release :)

Do you mean next release of ImgBurn or of DVDInfoPro?

It's impossible to turn burnproof off for dvd+r, it's part of the spec that it's ALWAYS enabled.

I didn't know that.

But if the Buffer-Percentage-Graph hopefully is going to work in the future, I will at least have some information about the buffer. That would be nice! :-)

Re: the DVDInfoPro thing, I just deleted my 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWN\' key and then ran dvdinfo pro. It makes that key again but doesn't appear to be creating the 'Installation Directory' value again. :(

FWIW:

I have this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWN\DvdInfo

But not: Installation Directory

Clavius

Do you mean next release of ImgBurn or of DVDInfoPro?
i mean imgburn

But if the Buffer-Percentage-Graph hopefully is going to work in the future, I will at least have some information about the buffer. That would be nice! :-)

it does work and it is nice :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.