Need advice for a pc

Mich_v_g

Hello.... I'm in need of some advice here. Hopefully I can get a good answer to put my mind at rest. I'm purchasing a new pc and am wondering what I need to put in it. I have a tech spec, so can someone tell me if it is okay for my needs?

I mainly use my pc for burning dvds and music. and downloading such media to burn. I don't do much else, maybe some photo edititng and such on photoshop. But really that's it.

So, would this be okay:

processor: intel core 2 duo e7600 with VT (3.06 GHz, 3M, 1066 MHz FSB)

operating system: windows 7

memory: 2gb ddr3 non-ecc sdram, 1066 mhz (2 dimm)

boot hard drive: 320 gb SATA 3.0 gb/s and 16 mb databurts cache

I really hope someone can help. If i've posted this in the wrong forum, please move me to the appropriate place.

If i've posted this in the wrong forum, please move me to the appropriate place.

Well, what do you think....

Is your post *anything* at all to do with ImgBurn?

Answer: No

Does it belong in the 'ImgBurn Support' forum then?

Answer: No

It's not rocket science.

As music and movies can fill up a hard drive quickly,I suggest you buy a bigger hard drive (1TB WesternDigital will do) and for bunrning,I suggest you buy additional RAM since burning suffers (IMHO) when RAM is too low. If your budget will allow max out the RAM on your box,so it will operate at maximum performance. For example I have a Intel Quad Core Processor(Q9300) and 4 GB of RAM,and I have 3 external burners (Samsung 182,LG GGW H20L,and Pioneer BDR 205)and I can burn two discs at a time.And lastly,get an up to speed virus protection,that downloading can wreak havoc on an unprotected PC. Hope this helps you. Good Luck

Personally if I'm doing a lot of encoding on a machine I prefer to have more than one hard drive, then encode from one drive to the other, putting together a new machine I'd put in three drives, one for the OS and normal documents and two for working...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.