Google Ads

XrX ca

I was setting up a new system today and popped into the imgburn site to grab the program and if I hadn't been here before I probably would have ended up on a competitors site because the most prominent download button on the page was in a not necessarily obvious Google Ad for NCH software... and that's a bad thing...

I'd think there should be some way to exclude certain ads or ad categories, I'd be checking my agreement with google, you really shouldn' be forced to advertise for you competitors.

ImgBurn is freeware while any other burning program advertised there is payware, so it's not really competition. Besides, if the user comes to ImgBurn's website and can't figure out that he/she is downloading other burning software, then ImgBurn isn't really for them anyway.

No argument there, but why confuse the issue, the banner add on the download page has a huge 'Download Here' button, hey it almost got me to the other site and I'd like to think I'm somewhat computer savy....

I do realize ads pay the bills. I have no idea what the current rates are like, ad revenue in the late 90's contributed a good chunk to the downpayment on my house, but even back then I had the ability to opt out of certain ads (Of course I had to see the ad before I knew it was in the rotation...)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.