Best scan ever

Pain_Man

Did a scan of my, ah, cousin Bruce's third triple-A game for the New York Yankee farm team, the Diehards (sponsered by the, ah, battery company).

Sorry about the smudges, having a little trouble with Photoshop, its mucking up jpegs in the most peculiar places. :whistling:

Well, I just got the best scan ever. And it wasn't a Taiyo. It was a Ricoh. I used a Taiyo to back up cousin Bruce's moment (his brother in law Jules Windfield was there too).

I believe these were done on my Memorex True8 (aka Pioneer 107D).

Here's the Ricoh (pretty sweet for a disc burned more than TWO years ago!):

238162.jpg

Here's the copy:

238163.jpg

Needless to say I was rather shocked. Looks I'd better create a new back up.

Edited by Pain_Man

I'm impressed, even my best is no where near as good as that...... :thumbup:

Grain's gotten some slightly better ones. Must be the Canadian electricity. I hear it's real pure and clean up there.

Surprised :o the shit out of me too.

I put the fantastic scan back in the reserve case and put the crappy scan into the LR case for viewing.

Here's a question...can you mount an image on an emulated drive and scan that with DIP? Be interesting to find out.

I think I'll try to copy the TY and see what kind of result I get.

Edited by Pain_Man

What a mess :lol:

I don't understand what the solid blocks of red mean, but I figure it can't be good. It would be nice if there was an accurate help file for those of us who aren't as versed in this stuff. The present help file, to put it kindly, sucks kangaroo gonads. :blink:

Here's a question...can you mount an image on an emulated drive and scan that with DIP? Be interesting to find out.

I'm no expert but doesn't the DIP need to physically scan the disc.....? :huh:

Edited by Groundrush

I'm no expert but doesn't the DIP need to physically scan the disc.....? :huh:

Dunno. That's why I was asking. I don't have an, ah, proper image on my hdd at the moment.

I'm in the process of loading an image on my HDD at the moment so I'll give it a go and see what happens... :thumbup:

jitter went all to hell on the T02 burn, the same place PIE's went off the chart, I suspect extraterrestrial influence or circles in the corn field

Interesting isn't it? And surely not a coincidence.

I wonder why? :ermm: I've watched this disk more than a few times and never noticed a problem with the image quality even on my HDTV.

I still have yet to relate scan quality with video picture quality. My guess, an almost completely technically illiterate guess admittedly, is that scans are probably more predictive of disk longevity than (short-term) picture quality. And least my experience bears that out.

My guess, an almost completely technically illiterate guess admittedly,

=)) this is my excuse most of the time...

Give how many supercomputer brainac programmer experts on this site, that makes me feel better. ;)

it wont work

Five burners--is that up and running or just the one's you've had?

I've got the Benq DW1655 and the Pioneer 110D running at the moment.

But I have had a Pioneer 106D, Memorex True-8 (a rebranded Pioneer 107) and my much lamented baby, my dead Plex 716A. julli-angel5.gif

(Acutally not dead, it just decided it only wanted to be a DVD-ROM.)

i have 4 burners connected atm. the 1655 id having a rest until i get an usb enclosure , and i have 6 burners in all, if i need to swap one it takes all of 3 mins to do it anyway ;)

i have 4 burners connected atm. the 1655 id having a rest until i get an usb enclosure , and i have 6 burners in all, if i need to swap one it takes all of 3 mins to do it anyway ;)

Help me out corn: what be "atm"? Not the same as a RAID array I take it? You don't mean Asynchronous Transfer Mode...do you?

:) at the moment (right now)(at present)(at the point of typing this)

both IDE channels have all 4 drives on them as master/slave jumpers

O/S is in SATA RAID 0

i keep my iso's on another RAID 0 set attatched to a PCI card

:) at the moment (right now)(at present)(at the point of typing this)

both IDE channels have all 4 drives on them as master/slave jumpers

O/S is in SATA RAID 0

i keep my iso's on another RAID 0 set attatched to a PCI card

Ooops. :blush:

SATA. I want it! I'm still stuck with "PATA". <grumble grumble>

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.