ImgBurn v2.5.1.0 Released!

LIGHTNING UK!

It was bound to happen at I fully expected it.

However, and as mmalves has already pointed out, the toolbar that's offered during the installation it 100% optional.

The installer is NOT ImgBurn, ImgBurn is ImgBurn and that's exactly as it's always been.

Geez, you'd think people have never seen them (toolbar offerings) before - and yet they're becoming more and more common. It's called 'business'.

It was bound to happen at I fully expected it.

However, and as mmalves has already pointed out, the toolbar that's offered during the installation it 100% optional.

The installer is NOT ImgBurn, ImgBurn is ImgBurn and that's exactly as it's always been.

Geez, you'd think people have never seen them (toolbar offerings) before - and yet they're becoming more and more common. It's called 'business'.

No problem from me...I READ the installer LOL!!!

You should reply there though...don't want ImgBurn to get trashed for some stupid reason.

Blah!!!

There is no bloatware and the toolbar is completely optional. All we can say is look at the changelog: if bugs didn't need fixing then there wouldn't be a new version release.

That may be so but what about all the Uniblue crap it puts on my desk top and which can be found listed under tools?

There is no bloatware and the toolbar is completely optional. All we can say is look at the changelog: if bugs didn't need fixing then there wouldn't be a new version release.

That may be so but what about all the Uniblue crap it puts on my desk top and which can be found listed under tools?

Those are de selectable during the installation and they are just icons with links to a web page and are easy to just delete from the desktop if you wish to do that.

Those are de selectable during the installation and they are just icons with links to a web page and are easy to just delete from the desktop if you wish to do that.

So i guess the Uniblue uninstaller i found my register is only an icon as well? Look i am not trying to trash ImgBurn at all here i love the program but this new version with all this added crap is not good.

Edited by MarkAW

Thank you for all the work on this new version.

I am wondering if this new version has multi-session burning. What I mean is: If I burn some files to a CD, can I leave the CD open and go back later an add some more files to the same CD?

I have been hearing for some time that this feature would come in a future version. If not now, when might I expect this feature?

Thanks again.

Thank you for all the work on this new version.

I am wondering if this new version has multi-session burning. What I mean is: If I burn some files to a CD, can I leave the CD open and go back later an add some more files to the same CD?

I have been hearing for some time that this feature would come in a future version. If not now, when might I expect this feature?

Thanks again.

in futur only... no dates...

There is no bloatware

Well, ImgBurn itself, no of course...

But now, the installer is...

I would prefer to pay for ImgBurn rather than seeing those things in the installer...

Sorry but its an honest opinion from an ImgBurn Fan...

Im not liking this at all....

Especially coming from ImgBurn...

Sad Sad day....

:(

[EDIT BY ME]

i didnt notice the ADS under the TOOLS menu...

-Improve system performance

-Scan for outdated drivers

-Scan for system errors

Ads in installer and now ads in the app itself!!

oh... my... god...

Edited by eSkRo

So i guess the Uniblue uninstaller i found my register is only an icon as well? Look i am not trying to trash ImgBurn at all here i love the program but this new version with all this added crap is not good.

If you meant the INSTALLER_UniblueDesktopIcons entry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ImgBurn, it's there to tell the installer (current and future versions) what options were used on the last time ImgBurn was installed.

If you meant the INSTALLER_UniblueDesktopIcons entry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ImgBurn, it's there to tell the installer (current and future versions) what options were used on the last time ImgBurn was installed.

If you deselect to install the Uniblue stuff, the next time you install ImgBurn through the installer, it will already be deselected for you.

If you deselect to install the Uniblue stuff, the next time you install ImgBurn through the installer, it will already be deselected for you.

but how to remove the ADS under the TOOLS menu then???

-Improve system performance

-Scan for outdated drivers

-Scan for system errors

:pirate:

Oh ffs, it's a couple of menu options. Just don't click them!

In any case, if you actually have the apps installed, it runs them. If you don't then it takes you do the web page. That's it!

Personally, I like the DriverScanner one - we frequently tell people to update their drivers so it makes perfect sense.

quick fix: imgburnsetup /S

that should divide the masses (=profit)

from the high-tech (=cuts down complaints)

that's just a compromise. feel free to sensor if against interests :S

Edited by twipley

and I made it that way on purpose :)

I just said I'd give these things a go. If they don't work out then they don't work out.

There's a new version of the installer that has the uniblue icons disabled by default and unless they're enabled in the installer, the items in the Tools menu won't appear either.

There's a new version of the installer that has the uniblue icons disabled by default and unless they're enabled in the installer, the items in the Tools menu won't appear either.

*Testing...

ok confirmed working!!!

n1urrc.png

YaY!!!!!!!!

:)

Edited by eSkRo

thanks a lot

a great update

but does somebody tell me why after the install it asked me to clean the registry , to uninstall programs and a before and after...

i installed the new version quickly so i was not attentive , and i did not remember about contained of warning and advises

can someone tell me about the warning and advises?

thanks

appreciate a lot the update

It simply says:

Only download software and files from trusted sources.

Uninstalling software should only be done using the Add / Remove function in the Control Panel.

Before and after making any changes to your system or installing new software, check your system for registry errors.

(that last one links off to a tool for the job)

So basically, it means 'use your common sense'.

Really, that page is there to say thanks, tell people about the support forum and to make them aware of where ImgBurn actually comes from.