What's Optimal L1 warning purpose?

advda

Optimal L1 Data Zone Start LBA: None Found! (VTS_XX, VTS_YY)

This image has not been mastered correctly for burning onto a double layer (OTP Track Path) disc.

None of the cells meet the 'DVD-Video specification' criteria for a potential layer break position.

Do I want to continue? After several hours, spent googling and reading forum threads, I still don't understand what sense this threatening warning makes.

If I continue the DL disk seems, like has been burnt normally.

It's a 7.5GB DVD-V ISO - states Imp ID: Nero

I guess it means that the ISO has been created with Nero.

Is there any better way to burn this ISO, then just to continue? :-)

Thanks!

But searching for solutions might be much easier if someone could explain in plain English what's the purpose of this warning?

Is the single purpose of this point calculation just to mask or hide the layer break between different sections of DVD content?

And when there is no point available means just that there is not any other sections just one stream?

Thanks!

I start to feel a very desperate buddy, while mods are already starting to shout at me -

The reason why I'm still boring is, that until now, I haven't met any DL disk which provides a NO in SLIP column.

That's the point what I can't catch.

Does it means that all these DL albums simply aren't DVD standard compliant?

After Optimal L1 warning I have unpacked reluctant ISOs and followed the guide, when again IMGBurn doesn't offer a way out.

When originals have been authorized by professionals, why IMGBurn can't provide any solution?

And therefore I have forced to try to figure out what may happen when L1 warning is ignored.

And why or how Nero and CdburnerXP burn these ISO's without accusing me in violating standards.

Thanks for your time

The reason why I'm still boring is, that until now, I haven't met any DL disk which provides a NO in SLIP column.

That's the point what I can't catch.

It's not just about having a cell with 'No' in the SPLIP column (actually, it's not about that at all), it's about a Cell starting on an ECC boundary (sector number that's a multiple of 16).

After Optimal L1 warning I have unpacked reluctant ISOs and followed the guide, when again IMGBurn doesn't offer a way out.

Tell/show me what you see when you try. Log and (if possible) screenshots please.

And why or how Nero and CdburnerXP burn these ISO's without accusing me in violating standards.

Because they're dumb programs and ImgBurn isn't.

That's one of the reason why people use ImgBurn in the first place.

EDIT: Ok, I see your screenshots. There's no problem with that VIDEO_TS folder, just pick the only option available and click 'OK'. You can opt to keep it seamless if you like (so SPLIP stays at 'Yes'). Some players might not like it but on most it means you won't notice the normal pause at the layer transition.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.