Log window on alt-tab (Win 7)

Thiago Ribeiro

The whole thing is messed up.

My attempt at correcting the taskbar didn't work (it does to look at but not when you actually try and use it!).

The log window is probably on the alt+tab because that's the same thing the OS used to shove on the taskbar (so it was probably also there in 2.5.0.0?). When the log window has focus, alt+tab will probably show the main window - or at least that how the taskbar used to work. It shows the opposite window to the one that has focus!

The whole thing is messed up.

My attempt at correcting the taskbar didn't work (it does to look at but not when you actually try and use it!).

The log window is probably on the alt+tab because that's the same thing the OS used to shove on the taskbar (so it was probably also there in 2.5.0.0?). When the log window has focus, alt+tab will probably show the main window - or at least that how the taskbar used to work. It shows the opposite window to the one that has focus!

Well,

On 2.5.0.0, Taskbar and alt-tab behave the way you've mentioned - showing the unfocused window.

On 2.5.1.0, however, alt-tab keeps the old behavior, while the taskbar always shows the main window.

I guess 2.5.2.0 will have both of them fixed xD.

Well the thing is, in 2.5.0.0 I wasn't telling Windows to do anything at all. For some odd reason it just decided to to do what it did.

I tried to correct it in 2.5.1.0 but that then broke other stuff.

Basically, there are 3 ways of fixing it - each of them have their own shortcoming.

1. Revert to 2.5.0.0 method. (shortcoming: unfocused window is used for the taskbar preview and on the alt+tab screen)

2. Take the 'hidden' borland window off the taskbar and make it put the real main form on there instead. (shortcoming: the other forms will always be in front of the main window (their 'parent') in the z-order)

3. As above (point 2) but make the other window use a different parent. (shortcoming: the other forms (log/write queue/disc layout editor - when open) are then visible as options on the alt+tab screen rather than just having 1 item for ImgBurn as a whole)

The current beta version is configured for number 2.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.