kinda new

prtykid

hi everyone, kinda new to this stuff. I have my image file and it is shows on ImgBurn, but the write button will not light up. Under it says device not ready (medium not present). Its probably something I'm not seeing, help?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome to the ibsf .

can you post a log when you open the programme so we can get a bit more info about whats happening

press L and copy and paste the contents in your reply

• 3 weeks later...
welcome to the ibsf .

can you post a log when you open the programme so we can get a bit more info about whats happening

press L and copy and paste the contents in your reply

I AM NEW AT THIS, I DOWNLOADED IMAGE BURN, BUT CANNOT GET THE FILE TO GO INTO QUE TO WRITE.

SAYS MEDIUM NOT PRESENT. IT WORKS WITH THE OLD DECRYPTER.... I AM USING MODERN COMPUTER, WITH XP. --HAVE HIT THE BROWSE BUTTON , LOCATE THE FILE I WANT , BUT IT WONT OPEN/ IMAGE JUST WONT RECOGNIZE FROM THE SOURCE. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.

I AM NEW AT THIS,

I can tell. :) Please turn your caps off. It's considered to be shouting.

SAYS MEDIUM NOT PRESENT

No disks at all? Strange that DVDD sees them and ImgBurn doesn't as they use the same burn engine. ImgBurn is better actually. We need more info such as burner model and media ID (which is obviously difficult if your drive can't see the disk). Have you tried re-booting before starting ImgBurn? Also, programs like AnyDVD really screw up the way ImgBurn works so shut it down if it's running.

When you start ImgBurn, the panel on the right should show you info about your drive and your media (which I suspect will be the problem). The info looks like the quoted text below. This is what we really need to help you. Bad or incompatible media is almost always the problem.

PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-109 1.58 (ATA)
Current Profile: DVD-R DL

Disc Information:
Erasable: No
Free Sectors: 4,171,712
Free Space: 8,543,666,176 bytes
Free Time: 927:04:62 (MM:SS:FF)
Supported Write Speeds: 2x, 4x, 6x

DVD?R DL Boundary Information:
L0 Data Zone Capacity: 2,092,896
Changeable: No

DVD-R DL Shifted Middle Area:
Start Address: Not Specified
Changeable: Yes

DVD-R DL Manual Layer Jump:
Address: Not Specified

Pre-recorded Information:
Manufacturer ID: MKM 01RD30

Recording Management Area Information:
PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-109

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Disc ID: 0-00
Book Type: DVD-R
Part Version: 6
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Number of Layers: 2
Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)
Linear Density: 0.293 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 0
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 2,289,503

I might be wrong but it sounds to me like FARMER is trying to select a file to burn with ImgBurn.....

If so, it needs to be a file format recognised by ImgBurn, if its not it won't see it in the folder your looking in. If you change the "supported files" to "all files" does it show up then ? If so you need to create a file type like .iso etc for ImgBurn to be able to burn it for you.

Shrink can do this as can <spits> Nero..... (I think - never used the POS)

I might be wrong but it sounds to me like FARMER is trying to select a file to burn with ImgBurn.....

If so, it needs to be a file format recognised by ImgBurn, if its not it won't see it in the folder your looking in. If you change the "supported files" to "all files" does it show up then ? If so you need to create a file type like .iso etc for ImgBurn to be able to burn it for you.

Shrink can do this as can <spits> Nero..... (I think - never used the POS)

lfc, are you getting hair balls again mate?............ :P:lol:

Possibly but if it works with DVDD it'll work with ImgBurn.

sure do appreciate the feedback. well i loaded up imageburn like i said. but it wont do anything for me, i unloaded and loaded it again, but same thing. i have 2 movies in my files. where it says -please select a file - i touch the file,my file window opens, i find the movie in there, try but it will not open. wont go into the que or recognize the source, if i put a blank disc in the plextor, the right side fills up with the plextor info, notes the blank disc, and the left side drive-arrow-disc lights up. when i touch the write arrow, my file window comes up, i highlite and then hit open, but nothing happens, file name stays blank.

the problem seems to be the source recognition, probably something simple. maybe i am forgetting to do somthing basic, is there supposed to be another program to use with image burn? thanks again for your thoughts and time :cat:

Where has FARMER gone then ? Off tending his flock of Wombats perhaps ? :unsure:

Maybe he/she are just checking on their herd of celery sticks............... :lol: Would be nice if Farmer came back even just to let us know everything was alright now. :/

PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-109 1.58 (ATA)

Current Profile: DVD-R DL

I'd say the first thing would be to ditch the DVD-R Dual Layer discs and get some Verbatim+R Dual Layers they're the only discs that work for sure :thumbup:

Where has FARMER gone then ? Off tending his flock of Wombats perhaps ? :unsure:

Maybe he/she are just checking on their herd of celery sticks............... :lol: Would be nice if Farmer came back even just to let us know everything was alright now. :/

herding the wombats is no easy task when they get stuck in the celery fields ----thats for sure!!!! :blink:

sure appreciate your followup. well i am stuck. just do not know what i am doing wrong. i am new at this so it is probably my fault. yup i really am a farmer, got tomatos and watermelons going at the time, best maters you ever had!!!

when i open up image burn it looks good. i put a blank in my plextor external drive and i get the arrow/disc thing to lite up. when i press it it wants my source. i go to source up above and hit the icon, there are my files, i go to file sitting there - hostel - and touch it, but it wont open or go to the bottom so it will do whatever it is supposed to do of which i am not sure.

tell me this, how do you make an image if you have a dvd that i can put in the internal drive? i c ould try that i guess. i really do not know how image burn works. i was told that you need decrypter loaded which i do, not sure what else i need to make it work. i hear its great!!!

Hey Farmer, glad you got back. As corny has mentioned what files are you trying to burn? vob or an .iso file?. Imgburn has its own burn engine ( same one used in DVDD. ) Maybe try not having DVDD running along with imgburn, just use Imgburn and see what happens. This is just a long shot though without having a log to view. :/:)

About the wombats and celery, :blink: don't mind us, we just like kidding around but the guys do seriously know there stuff when it comes to trouble shooting. :thumbup:

What type of file are you trying to choose? the ext. of it, Eg (.VOB .BUP.IFO .TXT .ISO .ZIP) you get the idea.

Like I asked a while ago, if you had answerd the above question, you could have been burning by now. :sleeping:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.