kinda new

prtykid

I think on reflection that maybe FARMER is thinking that ImgBurn will read,write/compress and burn his files into an ISO.....

We should know more when he/she posts back

hello again, well if i understand you all rightly, i just do not know how to record a dvd in a file that the image burn will recognize, i was able to pull a file into roxio and then burn it - got the idea from your feedback as i was trying everything. when i play a dvd movie, how do i leave it in a file that image burn will take? everything is just as you said, i tried that all files switch etc but as you said they are not iso.......

so i just dont store them right. i tried fab express which worked well on some burns, but then suddenly a bunch of dual layer discs got the sparkles and the jerkys. movie back ups work the best by storing the images then burning them.....when a movie is stored in my drive, not sure how i did it, i think dvddycrypter, then it seems that roxio will recognize and burn them, just cant get image burn to do it yet--which i think is a better program. i thought that fabexpress was the cats meow :cat: until the failures started. i have the disc space to store the decrypted movies, then figure out how to burn them the best. seems that the expensive dual layers blanks seem to work with the best final picture result. :teehee:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think on reflection that maybe FARMER is thinking that ImgBurn will read,write/compress and burn his files into an ISO.....

hello again, well if i understand you all rightly, i just do not know how to record a dvd in a file that the image burn will recognize, i was able to pull a file into roxio and then burn it - got the idea from your feedback as i was trying everything. when i play a dvd movie, how do i leave it in a file that image burn will take? everything is just as you said, i tried that all files switch etc but as you said they are not iso.......

so i just dont store them right. i tried fab express which worked well on some burns, but then suddenly a bunch of dual layer discs got the sparkles and the jerkys. movie back ups work the best by storing the images then burning them.....when a movie is stored in my drive, not sure how i did it, i think dvddycrypter, then it seems that roxio will recognize and burn them, just cant get image burn to do it yet--which i think is a better program. i thought that fabexpress was the cats meow :cat: until the failures started. i have the disc space to store the decrypted movies, then figure out how to burn them the best. seems that the expensive dual layers blanks seem to work with the best final picture result. :teehee:

What type of file are you trying to choose? the ext. of it, Eg (.VOB .BUP.IFO .TXT .ISO .ZIP) you get the idea.

Like I asked a while ago, if you had answerd the above question, you could have been burning by now. :sleeping:

you are right about that!! yes i can see that the problem is my storage of the movies. not sure what i am doing yet. it takes me a while to catch on to the format and the files--and embarassing enough what you are all telling me. but i peck away at it, all you say starts to make sense. yes it is the file storage, i tried the all files , but it would not recognise, then someone said somthing about the roxio and it worked in that program which i though i would never use. see not below, and please dont give up on me. :&

you are right about that!! yes i can see that the problem is my storage of the movies. not sure what i am doing yet. it takes me a while to catch on to the format and the files--and embarassing enough what you are all telling me. but i peck away at it, all you say starts to make sense. yes it is the file storage, i tried the all files , but it would not recognise, then someone said somthing about the roxio and it worked in that program which i though i would never use. see not below, and please dont give up on me.

OK, no one is going to give up on you, however, please answer the questions asked instead of scooting around them.

I can see now that you are trying to burn a file type that ImgBurn does not support.

So, here is your easiest option. (In my opinion).

If you have a programme called DVD SHRINK installed, use that, if you don't, get it (It's free) and get it to output the file to an ISO format.

You will find this option in the drop down menu when you hit "backup", (the last step)

This will output all those files you are trying to burn to one large file (the combination of all the VOB's, IFO's, BUP's) with an ISO extension, Something like NAMEOFDVD.ISO.

Now you can burn the above said with ImgBurn.

Good luck.

I might be wrong but it sounds to me like FARMER is trying to select a file to burn with ImgBurn.....

If so, it needs to be a file format recognised by ImgBurn, if its not it won't see it in the folder your looking in. If you change the "supported files" to "all files" does it show up then ? If so you need to create a file type like .iso etc for ImgBurn to be able to burn it for you.

Shrink can do this as can <spits> Nero..... (I think - never used the POS)

OK i left some more info on the site, lets say i have a dvd movie. what is the first thing i do to make an image that imgburn will accept? i have tried movies already on file, for some reason roxio recognizes them and i can get a good burn off of it, i think i made it with dvd dycrpter which is just great. nero image would not. just trying to figure out how to use imgburn. it is the file issue. i dropped down the file and tried all files with no luck. when i put a blank in my burner i got the write button to light up, when i hit it i got an error message about the fact that i would make a nice coaster!! do not know how to make an iso file i guess. i am sure it is my fault ........... :&#39;(

I might be wrong but it sounds to me like FARMER is trying to select a file to burn with ImgBurn.....

If so, it needs to be a file format recognised by ImgBurn, if its not it won't see it in the folder your looking in. If you change the "supported files" to "all files" does it show up then ? If so you need to create a file type like .iso etc for ImgBurn to be able to burn it for you.

roxio recognizes them and i can get a good burn off of it, i think i made it with dvd dycrpter which is just great. nero image would not. just trying to figure out how to use imgburn. it is the file issue. i dropped down the file and tried all files with no luck. when i put a blank in my burner i got the write button to light up, when i hit it i got an error message about the fact that i would make a nice coaster!! do not know how to make an iso file i guess. i am sure it is my fault ........... :&#39;(

Roxio may be part of your problem right there roxio is well known for conflicting with other programs.

If I were you the fist thing I would do is uninstall roxio. (roxio will conflict with nero) I learned this the hard way a long time ago.

Edited by photo_angel2004

Just follow the advice offered by Kenadjian to create an ISO from a disc that you have by using DVDShrink.

Thank you defenestration, I think you're the only one that read the post.lol :&#39;(

@Farmer, for fcuk sake man! I spelt it out for you as far as I can go without getting myself or the forum in the shit. :&#39;(

PLEASE!! read the posts, they are not there just to fill in time. :/

you are right about that!! yes i can see that the problem is my storage of the movies. not sure what i am doing yet. it takes me a while to catch on to the format and the files--and embarassing enough what you are all telling me. but i peck away at it, all you say starts to make sense. yes it is the file storage, i tried the all files , but it would not recognise, then someone said somthing about the roxio and it worked in that program which i though i would never use. see not below, and please dont give up on me.

OK, no one is going to give up on you, however, please answer the questions asked instead of scooting around them.

I can see now that you are trying to burn a file type that ImgBurn does not support.

So, here is your easiest option. (In my opinion).

If you have a programme called DVD SHRINK installed, use that, if you don't, get it (It's free) and get it to output the file to an ISO format.

You will find this option in the drop down menu when you hit "backup", (the last step)

This will output all those files you are trying to burn to one large file (the combination of all the VOB's, IFO's, BUP's) with an ISO extension, Something like NAMEOFDVD.ISO.

Now you can burn the above said with ImgBurn.

Good luck.

Here you go FARMER - this is the bit of Ken's post that you need, grab shrink and use that, there are plenty of guides to be found via Google for that piece of software. Also you can read up and get advice on Shrink at http://forum.digital-digest.com/

Hope this helps, as Ken said (very subtle !! :lol: ) we have to be careful here as we can only help you burn images, how you get them is more problematic as it involves various laws depending on where you live and we don't take any chances here.....

@Farmer, for fcuk sake man! I spelt it out for you as far as I can go without getting myself or the forum in the shit. :&#39;(

Maybe that's FARMER's intentions! With all the advice that's been given, it seems odd that FARMER keeps trying to get more information, when no more is required (or can be given).

PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-109 1.58 (ATA)

Current Profile: DVD-R DL

I'd say the first thing would be to ditch the DVD-R Dual Layer discs and get some Verbatim+R Dual Layers they're the only discs that work for sure :thumbup:

will do right away--checked all the messages and will follow all advice and info. looks like shrink will really help me figure it out. all or your image info is just great. i would like to say thankyou all for taking the time to help me with images. its hard for a newbie to figure it all out. it is kind of fun to get to it and make it work out, will know soon enough. it did take me a bit to follow up and understand the advice etc.. did not mean to upset the forum in any way, will try to do things right......

Hey Farmer, don't take it personally, I know It's furstrating but we all have to start somewhere. Some people pick things up quicker than others but persevere and you'll win. Most, if not all problems can be solved via the forum, i speak from experience. The guys/gals REALLY know their stuff when it comes to trouble shooting........ :thumbup:

Maybe that's FARMER's intentions! With all the advice that's been given, it seems odd that FARMER keeps trying to get more information, when no more is required (or can be given).

I honestly don't believe that was farmers intentions, but he really needs to read the posts and not ramble on about irrelevant crap.

I can remember being new at this too - did the classic and didn't read the guides at the old DVDD forum, was pointed in that direction by Hembo (remember him ??) and went from there.

We all need help and advice sometimes, whilst not technically minded like a lot of you here I like to think that with a guide or similar I can get by. Its also nice to see experienced members from other forums (hi Photo Angel 2004!) joining us as well - you can never have too much knowledge !!

:thumbup:

well howdy, i am still having fun with it, had to use the old unmentionable with shrink and was able to get it to work after all the setting instrucitions which was cool to find.

tried to set up my img but still cannot quite figure it out , i almost think i can do it soon, saw some setting info, but just do not have img exe in the program files no matter how i look and reboot etc.... i keep reading and will get closer to it soon, you were right about the your above mention, but as a ruby red newbie i did not even know what an iso even was at the time and was overwhelmed by being just lost.

after using the instructions, all 40 or so vector steps, i got the settings and put in shrink as someone said and after a few got it to wiggle and actually work like in the pictures which after what seemed like years of consternation and work finally to do it.

cant wait to let you know i got img to work for me one of these days. got to say that you all were most amenable and decent to the old farmer, did not mean to be clumsy as per one who seemed a bit perturbed with the old farmer, B)

i aam most greatful.

is shrink the best method to create an iso file? i created one using the old unspeakable instructions that uses dvd shrink, saved the file to try and got imgburn to work for the first time, just do not know how i did it.

sure was fast, was thrilled to get it to fly for the first time.

Yeah as Grain said the next release of ImgBurn will allow you to create .iso's from video files created by the aforementioned unmentionable program !

You might still need Shrink for your backups tho as you will need to shrink the files to fit a DVD?R ! :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.