How Big Can I Let My File Size Of My DVD5 Be?

ilitws

Background

WinXp Professional 32 bit SP2; I use DVD Flick 1.3.0.7 to convert & compile my avi video (on my pc) to vob video on my PC. Next I convert the vob to iso on my PC.

Finally I write the vob from my PC to DVD which says Sony DVD-R 120min/4.7GB AccuCORE 16x/1x.

My C Drive is on NTFS, D Drive on FAT32 & E Drive on FAT32.

DVD Flick clearly (& mercifully!) tells me to compile the vob file only on C drive since only NTFS file system supports encoding where file size exceeds 4GB. So I always create the vob only on C Drive Please bear with me.I prefer not to write to DVD in one step. :(

I prefer 2 steps just to play safe. :( I know because of this I do temporarily eat up more drive space on my PC because I have a vob & an iso.I need to therefore plan my drive space on my PC between all 3 drives C, D & E because the the vob could be between 3.8GB to 4.1GB & its iso could be of equivalent size.

Query

After the vob is created on C Drive can I quit worrying & have the freedom to create the iso on any drive (C, D or E) even if iso file size >4GB? Or should I do iso creation only on C drive just because iso file size exceeds 4GB?

Naturally after DVD burning is done I erase all the files on my PC to reclaim drive space. I then erase the avi file, vob folders, iso file & DVD project file as well.Whew!

DVD Flick will end up in creating a proper DVD Video structure before creating the ISO and burn it to disc. At the bottom of the screen you can choose where DVD Flick will put the encoded DVD files.

That folder can be even on a FAT partition, the file sizes that resides in it will not exceed the FAT limitation. You only need NTFS if you want the ISO to be created, but the ISO is not a must, you only need it if you want to keep the files in a container for later, rather than the DVD folder with all those .ifo. bup. .vob files

If you not want the last part, the ISO and the burn, just untick them in Project Settings\Burning of DVD Flick.

Your final DVD Video files will be in "DVD" folder where you set to put the encoded files.

Oh! Put SP3 on Win

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.