Icons refresh for new decade

This great application has only one problem. Obsolete XP style icons. Could you please consider to update it with Windows 7 Aero icons? Also there are many small icons which are unnecessary and IMO they should be removed. Less is sometimes more...

Mockups included..

post-34242-127522721758.jpg

post-34242-127522722944.jpg

The little icons have a purpose/function and I use them all the time, I won't be removing them.

Refreshing the icons is on my todo list and has been for ages. There was another thread about it probably a year ago in this very same forum.

The little icons have a purpose/function and I use them all the time, I won't be removing them.

Refreshing the icons is on my todo list and has been for ages. There was another thread about it probably a year ago in this very same forum.

I could help you for free of cource and create those icons, using original Vista/Windows 7 ICO's or PNG's.

If you're interested just let me know. It would propably require to e-mail me original icon resources and i will do updated ones with the same names and so on..

Edited by 6205

It doesn't really work like that in C++ Builder. The components are assigned the individual picture directly within the development environment at design time.

I already have a couple of folders full of ready extracted icons from both Vista and 7. Thanks anyway though :)

• 1 month later...

Hi dude :) How's the development going on these days? Do you wanna donate some bucks in exchange for those Aero icons? :) BTW please don't forget to update also main application icon in Aero style...

Also another note to UI >>>

I see that you're using in entire application font Segoe UI 8 what is inconsistant. Please consider to change it to Segoe UI 9 or Tahoma 8 for better overal appearance. You can see Tahoma 8 all around in Windows 7/Vista in various menus like Start Menu properties, Media Player options or Device Manager etc. Point is that if you wanna stay using font size 8 it should be Tahoma, but if you wanna use Segou UI, please use size 9 for better consistancy. Look and feel is important...

Thanks!

Inspiring icon set >>>

http://www.crystalxp.net/galerie/en.id.20454-icons-windows-7-png-wolfrudholp-icons-a-png.htm

The font changes with the user preference in the OS. It can of course be overridden in ImgBurn's settings.

So on XP it's Tahoma, on Vista+ it'll be Segeo UI.

Size 8 or size 9 really doesn't matter to me (wow, you're even more anal than I am!) and to be honest, I can't be arsed to go through everything and change it/realign everything just for you... no offence :)

I agree, the icons could do with updating but this whole pointy/clicky thing that copies windows which has been around since what? 95? needs to go imho.

Something along the look and functionality of the ipod/phone would be in order again imho.

Using this generator... Keely

I created...post-5786-053520200 1278790131.png

Just an idea, but feel free to slag it off if you want :)

I think I've pretty much done everything I was going to.

13-07-2010 20-38-18.png

13-07-2010 20-44-49.png

Altercuno,

Sorry, I can't actually tell if your post is serious or not!

You can't really get away from pointy/clicky with Windows but I do approve of your iPod/iPad/iPhone icon ;)

Wow... great.... almost perfect, but please don't forget at small details, like Windows 7 Calculator icon or new Control panel icon :) If you missing some specific action icon i can create one :)

post-34242-064350100 1279058483.png

post-34242-009177500 1279058490.png

I prefer the existing green arrow on the start button to anything Vista/Windows 7 related you may have found (i.e. in your first pic), that's why it's still there.

I've already replaced the calculator.

The two images used for drive load/eject have already been updated with the new 'disc' image.

The two images used for drive advanced/booktype settings (bottom right) don't have decent replacements.

I have extracted a few icons from imageres.dll through IcoFX portable.

They are *.ico files with all sizes within. Maybe these can do the job.

Also these book icons may help, but require small modification.

If you want only 16x16 book icon, editing is very simple..

http://tonev.deviantart.com/art/Book-icons-ico-130700117

http://randomus-r.deviantart.com/art/Teeny-Weeny-Address-Book-119101947?q=boost%3Apopular+book+icon&qo=94

http://astracto.deviantart.com/art/Jedit-X-Replacement-Icon-123455577?qj=1&q=boost%3Apopular+book+icon&qo=270

It would be also great if you could change those green arrows for blue or orange versions from Vista :) (attached)

or more here

http://tonev.deviantart.com/art/Arrow-icons-ico-130699865

Okay... now i leave you alone :)

icons.zip

Edited by 6205

LUK...

Just making the point that a lot of devices are going to be touchscreen only or have touchscreen ability or voice activation and point and click with a mouse could go the way of the dinosaur. I also read of a project to port android to pc.

So it may be worth making the prog work with such systems...

Even an ipad/android imgburn app. :w00t:

Anyway thanks for the prog and the forum and the betas...especially mmalves who's brilliant :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.